New Metallica: Lux Æterna

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's clear to everyone that you have no interest in "getting it". You want people to say you're right, everyone else is wrong and that your opinion is the better, most informed of anyones.
A) Don't tell people what they're trying to say.
B) Fuck off for A.
C) I meant what I said. People used a logical argument that didn't make sense to me. I'd like someone to explain why it makes sense to them. This is the basis of conversation.

This is not saying, "You can not be right." It's a real question. That you'd rather use as a baseball bat to my face repeatedly than answer, apparently.

No, sorry, "others enjoy it, STFU" is not an answer. It's a brick wall.

If you go back through, I never even said the song is a travesty or any other hyperbolic nonsense. I said Metallica has earned the right to write whatever they want at this point. I just don't see it fitting with KEA and would like to understand why people think it does. That was the extent of my question. Why you took offense to that is something you probably need to ask yourself, rather than getting all shitty with me over it.

tedtan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I hear this as a NWOBHM track they might have covered back in the KEA days, but not as a KEA track. Definitely has some Diamond Head vibes. Maybe a track that would fit on Garage Days.

Also, the production doesn’t work for me. The guitars and drums sound like shit and the bass is inaudible.

Dooky

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A) Don't tell people what they're trying to say.
B) Fuck off for A.
C) I meant what I said. People used a logical argument that didn't make sense to me. I'd like someone to explain why it makes sense to them. This is the basis of conversation.

This is not saying, "You can not be right." It's a real question. That you'd rather use as a baseball bat to my face repeatedly than answer, apparently.

No, sorry, "others enjoy it, STFU" is not an answer. It's a brick wall.

If you go back through, I never even said the song is a travesty or any other hyperbolic nonsense. I said Metallica has earned the right to write whatever they want at this point. I just don't see it fitting with KEA and would like to understand why people think it does. That was the extent of my question. Why you took offense to that is something you probably need to ask yourself, rather than getting all shitty with me over it.

As if anyone is going to say something to you that is suddenly going to make you "get it".
It's clear that's about as likely as an atheist convincing an American that god doesn't exist.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
As if anyone is going to say something to you that is suddenly going to make you "get it".
It's clear that's about as likely as an atheist convincing an American that god doesn't exist.
I'm curious what I said that got you so panty-twisted. I got a little old-man ranty, but I certainly didn't tell anybody to stop liking it. I asked questions. Is that so bad?

At any rate, it's pretty clear which one of us is pissed off at this point. Sorry I tweaked yer knickers bud. Have a cookie.

Mboogie7

Lefty's unite!
Reaction score
I'm curious what I said that got you so panty-twisted. I got a little old-man ranty, but I certainly didn't tell anybody to stop liking it. I asked questions. Is that so bad?

At any rate, it's pretty clear which one of us is pissed off at this point. Sorry I tweaked yer knickers bud. Have a cookie.

I won't get in the way of you and Dooky going at it, but I'll say this. I don't think it's anyone's responsibility to explain it to you, nor is it your responsibility to seek an explanation.

How a song makes someone feel is entirely subjective and there doesn't have to be any logic behind it. It could trigger a memory of when they were younger and remember smelling their mom's perfume while dad was blasting Metallica in the other room or something to that effect, and there was something as minimal as a 2 note sequence that stuck with them their entire lives, which makes person X believe the new song sounds like KEM.

There. There is the answer.

Dooky

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Sorry you took my comments as me being "pissed off". You appear to have read my comments in an assumed 'tone' that is incorrect. Honestly, I couldn't care less what you or anyone thinks about any form of music really. But, nice use of: "panty-twisted", "tweaked yer knickers", "bud", topped off with "have a cookie". You pretty much covered every attempt kids in YouTube comments make to try and aggravate someone. All you missed was a laugh emoji at the end.

Last edited:

Dr. Caligari

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I won't get in the way of you and Dooky going at it, but I'll say this. I don't think it's anyone's responsibility to explain it to you, nor is it your responsibility to seek an explanation.

But it's a music discussion forum lol...

Ask a question related to the topic on a discussion forum and get met with "it's nobody's responsibility to explain this to you"? That doesn't make sense. If you don't want to partake in the discussion then don't. But to imply that other people shouldn't attempt to partake, that's pretty weird.

Mboogie7

Lefty's unite!
Reaction score
But it's a music discussion forum lol...

Ask a question related to the topic on a discussion forum and get met with "it's nobody's responsibility to explain this to you"? That doesn't make sense. If you don't want to partake in the discussion then don't. But to imply that other people shouldn't attempt to partake, that's pretty weird.
If you would have read the rest of what I said, it would make sense.:nuts:

Subjective topics aren’t necessarily backed with “logic”. Is my original comment and response to your follow up not in fact a music discussion?

Dr. Caligari

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If you would have read the rest of what I said, it would make sense.:nuts:

Subjective topics aren’t necessarily backed with “logic”. Is my original comment and response to your follow up not in fact a music discussion?

Okay, it's just the tone seemed so dismissive. Idk, maybe I missed something. Not looking to get caught up in an argument or anything. I thought the original question about KEA was pretty innocent so I'm surprised it caused this commotion.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I love both bands. I don’t compare them like that really. I only brought up megadeth cause I was pointing out that Metallica has gone so far away from their roots and I just want one more thrash metal Metallica album.

The sick dying and dead has some songs that are a little lack luster but still good. Also, it didn’t really take six years to make the songs of the album. It took so long because of all the obstacles. Tours, cancer, Covid, so everything has been on pause.

Dystopia is definitely better but the new album is great. This new Metallica song is good, but not what I want from them.
I wouldn't call it great. It's the one Megadeth album I've listened to once and not been in a hurry to listen to again.

Gwdion

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
To me it doesn't sound like Kill 'Em All - perhaps they were trying to go in that direction, but just aren't able to reproduce that raw energy and grit anymore which made that album so special and fresh sounding. Compared to it, this sounds too happy and clean, mainly because of the songwriting, that James' voice has changed drastically since after AJFA and because of the programmed drums. I think, it's slower than most songs on KEA, too. And the riff bored me after a few repititions. If anything, it reminds me of their Garage Days stuff. But actually I think, they're just having fun jamming with each other, and that's okay, everyone should. I can still enjoy their first four albums a lot and ignore and try to forget the other ones just like for example the Star Wars prequels and sequels, Indiana Jones 4 and the upcoming one etc.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sorry you took my comments as me being "pissed off". You appear to have read my comments in an assumed 'tone' that is incorrect. Honestly, I couldn't care less what you or anyone thinks about any form of music really. But, nice use of: "panty-twisted", "tweaked yer knickers", "bud", topped off with "have a cookie". You pretty much covered every attempt kids in YouTube comments make to try and aggravate someone. All you missed was a laugh emoji at the end.
Alright, this is the last thing I say about this: I see people excited about it because it reminded them of KEA. I wish I could be that excited so asked for an explanation, so maybe I could find that excitement myself. Clearly, unacceptable.

What pissed me off was you ascribing some other sentiment to what I said. I'm not a fan of false accusation and that seems to be bedrock of most conversations online.

You tying me into "kids on youtube" is yet another nice swipe at a dude trying to have a conversation. Have fun with that.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Glad to see that Metallica still has the effect of bringing metalheads off all types together. :lol:

Anyone upset because someone else doesn't like this song- I guess you've never released your own music before, or at least never had it reviewed by someone else. You know, when you pour your own life experience and emotions into something you are really proud of completing, and then someone at a metal magazine that you actually read publishes a review that you are super stoked to see, and then you read it and all it says is that your music sucks and that you suck and that you should feel bad...

Mboogie7

Lefty's unite!
Reaction score
Okay, it's just the tone seemed so dismissive. Idk, maybe I missed something. Not looking to get caught up in an argument or anything. I thought the original question about KEA was pretty innocent so I'm surprised it caused this commotion.
Apologies if I came off as aggressive. That certainly isn’t my intent.

When it comes to how “song X makes person A feel B way” my overall point was that a lot of folks reasoning may not have any actual logic at all, but could more so be stemmed from nostalgic triggers that make person A reflect on a certain time in their life.

Of course this isn’t absolute and some folks will absolutely have logic that can be applied to the question.

Dooky

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You tying me into "kids on youtube" is yet another nice swipe at a dude trying to have a conversation. Have fun with that.
Well, replying to someone with comments like: "panty-twisted", "tweaked yer knickers", "bud" and "have a cookie" isn't what most people would consider mature conversation, is it?

Big Dumb Bitch

\(✿ ◕‿◕)/
Reaction score
I think that it's boring and uninteresting like everything Metallica has done since like And Justice. The best thing about this song is it made me put on Kreator when it was over so I could hear good thrash. I think James sound pretty good on this track tho.

Last edited: