New Metal Music Thread

Ben Pinkus

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Following our set at Techfest, and supporting Dropout Kings/Borders my band have just released our new single Heirloom (FFO Erra/Wage War/Silent Planet)

Let me know your thoughts :)

BusinessMan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Sounds the same as the last song. Intros are basically identical too.

Thought I was listening to the new song and it turns out it was just sun eater. I thought they were the same song...

Last edited:

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score

Sounds the same as the last song. Intros are basically identical too.

Thought I was listening to the new song and it turns out it was just sun eater. I thought they were the same song...

A bit like Architects or Dragonforce where they do that one song exceptionally well. This one leans more to Melodic Death than black metal and Will's vocals are incredible regardless of repetition, his ability to swap between 3 voices and deliver so much emotion in those chorus sections. Knowing its 100% real and reproducible live makes it all the better.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score

Huh, not bad. I was expecting State of Slow Decay to be an exception and the rest of the new album more in line with the previous rubbish, but I actually liked this even more. Sounds more like actual In Flames material too, rather than At the Gates like the other song.

Also... wtf is going on here:

They went from old school thrash to groove metal but now this is something different again and it's just not working for me.

And Stratovarius dropped another kinda generic song: