Reaction score
The perfect blend of black metal and hardcore:

And there's also this. #Voggisagod \m/:

And finally,

Last edited:

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score

I haven't listened to Stratovarius in a long time, 7 years since their last release. It reminds more of Tracedawn than Stratovarius which is a good thing. Matias is an incredible player, even his rhythm playing has so much flavour. Timo's vocals on point as always and still somehow managing to find new melodies. This feels like Jens and Timo learned a lot from working on Cain's Offering - Stormcrow with Jani and brought those elements back to Stratovarius.

NotDonVito

molesta la breastas
Reaction score
Not really into this new Strato song, but I've still got high hopes for the album cause I really liked their previous one.

BusinessMan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

This makes me feel old. 10 year anniversary. I remember when that came out and I listened to that album a lot (still do every once in a while). It was the first of their albums I really got into and is one of my favorites. I also learned how to play a lot of the riffs.

It'll be interesting to hear it with actual drums (I like the sound it has already, so guess we'll see).

Edit: They've also been saying this for like 5 years so...

Last edited:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
If someone put this on randomly, I'd never have guessed it's Stratovarius tbh. That said, not a bad track by any means, I just hope there'll be some old school power metal on the album as well.

Seems like Stratovarius finally just heard the early 00s metalcore/Gothenburg knock-offs and thought they needed to cop that sound for that opening

Dr. Caligari

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That Stratovarius song was better than I expected, although I'm not sure what I expected. I had Visions and some more stuff around that era on CD as a kid but after that I haven't really followed them. It's nice to see that they have some energy and riffing going on. It sounds different than the old stuff but it also sounds more inspired than I'd expect from a band who's been around for so long.

BusinessMan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not new in anyway, but just got out of seeing slipknot and they were killer!!! Every time ive seen them theyre on point and they sounded great. Openers were terrible (cypress was ok).Corey said new music within 1 month

Last edited: