New Megadeth track "We'll Be Back"

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
It sounds just about how I'd expect. Not bad, but not fantastic. I think for me, this band goes into that bucket of older bands who will forever be trying and mostly-failing to recapture what made them classics.

Ending the song with a Dirk blast though.... maybe that's a good sign. If they could leave their old sound behind a bit, and mash the angsty Dave sound with Disk's Soilwork-esque chops, I think that'd be something worth listening to. They have such monstrous musicians onboard, just gatta let them flex.

Captain Shoggoth

literally just vibing
Reaction score
It sounds just about how I'd expect. Not bad, but not fantastic. I think for me, this band goes into that bucket of older bands who will forever be trying and mostly-failing to recapture what made them classics.

Ending the song with a Dirk blast though.... maybe that's a good sign. If they could leave their old sound behind a bit, and mash the angsty Dave sound with Disk's Soilwork-esque chops, I think that'd be something worth listening to. They have such monstrous musicians onboard, just gatta let them flex.

Reminds me of the badass outro to Dystopia's title track giving me false hope for the rest of the album. Or that awesome choral vocal buildup on Poisonous Shadows that never led anywhere

mastapimp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I liked most of Dystopia and I am really looking forward to what Dirk and James are bringing this time around. New song wasn't incredible, but did not disappoint!

manu80

Jackson for life !
Reaction score
I thought I was listening to The threat is real at the beginning
Nice tune, solo fest all the way, maybe too much but bit Kiko is on fire!!!!
Love the break at 3:00

mpexus

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
To me it totally sounds Peace Sells, in fact initially I though I was listening to Black Friday because it is very similar. Loved it, best Megadeth era :)

VMNT

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think Black Friday does not gel with Super Colider. That was a long 5 minutes.

Last edited:

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn good music, but Dave is at the point where studio magic can't even save his voice.

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
I watched them live at hellfest maybe... One of the recent fests anyways. Dave's voice was pretty rough. also the guitars sounded slightly out of tune and I'll blame Gibson for that

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
"July 8th."

"Nah, just kidding. September 2nd."

Why? This shit has been basically done for months if not longer. Seriously, release it or fuck off already.