Need help with EMG 707’s

BrianDamage666

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I bought some EMG 707’s off of reverb and they have had the screw holes trimmed off of the same side on both of them (picture included for context). No clue why. But does anyone have any ideas how to fix this where I can mount them in a guitar? Like maybe cut/shap the screw hole from a spare electronics cavity cover and then super glue it in its place or something? CB0CBEB3-C730-4960-86DC-536BE63A6FFA.jpeg

Crungy

I've made up mah mahnd, I ain't wastin no mo tahm
Reaction score
Can EMG's be taken apart to replace the shell? They might send you some new ones if that's the case.

lewis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Maybe plastic weld some new screw holes on using a soldering iron?

Not sure if that would do any damage to the internals though

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
holy effin bawws..... why in the world would someone do this to pickups? like what purpose did it serve?

BrianDamage666

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
No clue man. But after getting them in it doesn’t look as bad as in the pics. Should be a pretty simple fix.

Phlegethon

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Can EMG's be taken apart to replace the shell? They might send you some new ones if that's the case.

I am pretty sure this is correct.

All of your 'traditional' EMG's (81, 85, 60, 707 ... etc) are permanently sealed with expoy inside the housing, so this is a straight up "do not remove the emg from its shell" unless you feel the urge to make them not work.