NBD Dingwall NG3

Crungy

I've made up mah mahnd, I ain't wastin no mo tahm
Reaction score
I found one of these local to me (which was mind blowing) and couldn't pass it up. I've been wanting an NG 5 string and when this popped up I couldn't resist.

Originally I was going to pass since I've been looking for a tube amp but the seller offered it to me a price I couldn't refuse. Absolutely screaming deal on it and it's like new.

I played and recorded with it tonight and it's fucking great. A minor truss rod tweak and a slight lift in the saddles for drop G and it's good to go. I need to get my other ones set up this well!

Obligatory cell phone family shot
Screenshot_20220613-211654_Gallery.jpg

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I never noticed how much smaller the body on the NG-3 looks compared to the NG-2. Is that real or perceived, and if it's just perceived, is it just me?

Crungy

Reaction score
You know, I've never noticed lol I should check it with a tape measure!

The photo makes the headstocks look different sized on the NG3 5 and Combustion though in person it looks the same to me.

Brayden Buckingham

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I actually came on to ask a question about the headstocks of these which I'll probably make in a second .

I actually got an email back from Dingwall , and should be getting my replacement soon . Got some information behind the scenes regarding shipping and manufacturing issues with the turmoil of covid that I didn't realize .

Anyways , how do you like it compared to the NG2 ? I've considered getting a 2 - 4 string , there's a pink swirl in my province I'd live to snag .

Crungy

Reaction score
I say if you're interested, go for it. The swirl ones are sick! The NG2 has the most usable pickup settings in my opinion. The front/neck pickup is the same as the middle on a Dingwall with a DBird switch: it sounds like a super P bass. The regular NG's with a 3x switch do not give you the middle pickup only. My NG3 4 string has the DBird switch though, so I have a lot of options!

That said, I haven't played any NG2's just the NG3's, the Combustion in the picture and a DBird. The three basses pictured are my favorites by far.