Mustaine left Dean and went to Gibson/Epiphone/Kramer

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet that's the odd-ball picture angle. Look at the neck. even it looks slightly "curved" if you try to follow the lines of it nut to body. Can't imagine Dave would decide *THIS* is the time to start fucking with the formula of the King V body style.
Looks like the bevels start halfway down the body and the V cut is much further back than the King V, even moreso than the Dean. This looks very much like they're nervous about FMIC coming after them.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
it looks like it's a gradually expanding bevel like the King V but a bit more subtle, not a ***SUDDENLY BEVEL*** that shrinks down the points like the VMNT.

pih8mw5ap9j61.jpg

vs

dean-dave-mustaine-vmnt-cbk-gitara-elektryczna-sygnowana.jpg

manu80

Jackson for life !
Reaction score
Looks like a mix between the Dean VMNT for the look (with the V string piece) and a Solar V for the bevels

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
I dunno, man, it looks like it's slightly curved down the sides to me, and looks even more disproportionate than the Dean did. I think the Epi is a lot better looking.

I see what you’re seeing, but I’m thinking it’s an optical illusion.

Something about the Kring V body is off to me. It looks… bloated maybe?

And yes, I am calling it the Kring V.

Matt08642

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Watching some Trogly videos, I see Gibson still offering that Authentic $3000 quality here:

1669315248973.png

1669315411334.png

Different Mustain V nut:

1669315447797.png

He notes this is a good example and looks better than his review piece. I genuinely don't understand how this kind of shit leaves the factory, especially at this price point. The Epi ones will probably be cleaner :lol:

neurosis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I actually liked the VMNT. The longer/larger body with the wider space between the tailpiece and the bridge looks more proportional to me than the small stubby thing going on with his Kramer. It looks more like a symmetrical Rhoads shape of some kind than a King V, which is the look I liked about his guitars. I am still having trouble coming around to the signature Gibson, too. All the round contours don't really suit him. At least back in the day his natural/Korina V had the regular "arrow" headstock. This mix of explorer and V... I am not so sure I like it.

electriceye

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Watching some Trogly videos, I see Gibson still offering that Authentic $3000 quality here:

View attachment 117456

View attachment 117457

Different Mustain V nut:

View attachment 117458

He notes this is a good example and looks better than his review piece. I genuinely don't understand how this kind of shit leaves the factory, especially at this price point. The Epi ones will probably be cleaner :lol:

I'm an amateur builder and *I* would never, ever do a shit repair job of an inlay like that. I'm practically speechless about how bad that is.

I was bummed, but not surprised whatsoever when the CS model pricing came out. What Gibson is charging these days for even single pup Juniors is obscene enough, so the Vs fit right into that scheme. I'll keep hunting for other Mustaine models for my collection.

SubsonicDoom99

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I hate to jump on the Gibson negativity wagon but man, I have seen too many examples lately of this shoddy crap they've been letting pass.
I had really hoped they were getting past that, but I've had three different friends wind up returning their new Gibsons in the last year due to sloppy stuff like in Trogly's review. For the price they paid, I think they have the right to be nitpicky about that stuff. What a shame.
I'll wait for the Epiphone model, personally lol.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as