technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Direct link

grrr_me_scary

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting one last month but then I watched this video and it made me decide to wait:

I wonder if there is a reason why they lowered the price on them (I saw a price drop somewhere else as well (I think Amazon)).

Deadpool_25

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting one last month but then I watched this video and it made me decide to wait:

I wonder if there is a reason why they lowered the price on them (I saw a price drop somewhere else as well (I think Amazon)).

Yeah @Guitarjon had problems with his first and the replacement. Since then I’ve been watching a FB group and have seen some others with some problems as well. Most people seem happy with theirs but it’s definitely something to keep an eye on. It does make me wonder if there’s a QC issue lately.

I went into GC last week and they had a Stealth and an EL34 in stock. The Stealth was priced higher than I’ve ever seen ($1500+) and the EL34 was on sale for around $1100-1200 iirc. The prices are interesting but I find it more interesting that stuff seems to be in stock more than it was a few months ago.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I doubt these went down in price due to a dip in quality. They're still the same price in Europe, so it makes little sense.

Apex1rg7x

Agent of Chaos
Reaction score
Yeah @Guitarjon had problems with his first and the replacement. Since then I’ve been watching a FB group and have seen some others with some problems as well. Most people seem happy with theirs but it’s definitely something to keep an eye on. It does make me wonder if there’s a QC issue lately.

I went into GC last week and they had a Stealth and an EL34 in stock. The Stealth was priced higher than I’ve ever seen ($1500+) and the EL34 was on sale for around $1100-1200 iirc. The prices are interesting but I find it more interesting that stuff seems to be in stock more than it was a few months ago.
The Stealth is being listed at $1549 now. Crazy times when it seems like every time we turn around the price has went up.

grrr_me_scary

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I had considered getting the Stealth but it's hard to warrant a new purchase where the item has jumped up a lot in price and you know the previous price was a LOT lower!!

LCW

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
EVH is probably getting ready for a replacement. Ditching inventory.

Turd Ferguson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was really tempted but the reliability concerns made me hold off.

Back up to regular price now...1349.99...

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
lol @ the power of influencers.

One of the most sold and used amp for touring bands worlwide from the last decade suddendly is a piece of shit because somebody on Youtube had bad luck and got two straight lemons. Yeah, don't buy them :lol:

drb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

One of the most sold and used amp for touring bands worlwide from the last decade suddendly is a piece of shit because somebody on Youtube had bad luck and got two straight lemons. Yeah, don't buy them :lol:
That can't possibly be true, all these people said they weren't influenced by influencers in the thread about it a few weeks ago! 😂

Turd Ferguson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I'm sure you're right and that 99% of them are fine. But I have 7 other tube amps, plus a bunch of software and modelers, so I really don't need another amp. The possibility of dealing with a defective one (although slim), on top of the other stuff, was enough to make up my mind for me.