Multiscale 8 strings comparable in price/quality to ibanez

Gmork

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just wondering what my options are when it comes to fanned 8 strings that are affordable but still high quality. As much as id love a strandberg i just cant afford a $4000+ guitar. Ill probably end up going with the new ibanez multiscale 8 string. Any other suggestions? thanks.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Agile stuff is about the same quality, give or take. You're in North America so returning a dud is an option.

That's pretty much it unless doubling the price is an option for something like an OS Boden or trying to find a decent second hand custom from OAF.

LichGuitar

Reaction score
You could try Halo guitars. ive been playing with their custom shop tool. you can get a Multi scale 8 for around $1600, depending on how fancy you want to get.

Mangle

Breaker
Reaction score
There are a couple of mid-level luthiers that would only end up costing you around $1,600 or so - $2,600 or so who turn out quite the amazing instrument. Ormsby & Bowes to name 2 such that come to mind.

bzhan1

Banned
Reaction score
You could try Halo guitars. ive been playing with their custom shop tool. you can get a Multi scale 8 for around $1600, depending on how fancy you want to get.

No way anyone would pay that much for a halo. You can find their multiscales listed for 2k for like 600 on ebay, which is actually a decent deal.

lewis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I would say Shawn guitars too. Used to be Kraken. My Kraken 8 string has awesome build quality considering.

Clebby

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
With the value of the Australian dollar so low, Ormsby would be really good if you can get on their production run. They might not have spots left but it'd be worth asking.