Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I guess it's known for "being made for TV" but that isn't the case. It was supposed to be in theaters I believe. CBS picked it up instead. I've seen worse movies in the mainstream by far. I mean IT was made for TV and that still scares people to this day.
Ah-HUH, ah-HUH, ah-HUH, ah-HUH!

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
MAYBE it might not be a great idea to have Limp Bizkit play a song like Break Shit (if I remember correctly, that's kind of what set everything to 11) and basically encourage the crowd to turn it into Thunderdome.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
MAYBE it might not be a great idea to have Limp Bizkit play a song like Break Shit (if I remember correctly, that's kind of what set everything to 11) and basically encourage the crowd to turn it into Thunderdome.
Yeah, Durst even encouraged some of the shit outright during the song, cheering people for tearing down barricades and tossing them up onto the crowd. It was pretty blatantly stupid all around.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Prey

It took many years, and a bunch of not so good to bad sequels but finally a movie that fits the Predator series name that captures the spirit of the original.

Director Dan Trachtenberg (who made the only good Cloverfield movie) and screenwriter Patrick Aison understood that the charm of the original Predator is simplicity of it's perfect premise and ran with it here. No over complications or pointless world building, just a simple clean narrative with hints of horror and extreme bloody violence. And it's refreshing when a franchise movie is only just shy above 90 minutes, but Prey is to the point with no second wasted.

Loved it but its a shame that not only is this only available through streaming, but also it took ages since the original to get another great Predator movie.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Prey

It took many years, and a bunch of not so good to bad sequels but finally a movie that fits the Predator series name that captures the spirit of the original.

Director Dan Trachtenberg (who made the only good Cloverfield movie) and screenwriter Patrick Aison understood that the charm of the original Predator is simplicity of it's perfect premise and ran with it here. No over complications or pointless world building, just a simple clean narrative with hints of horror and extreme bloody violence. And it's refreshing when a franchise movie is only just shy above 90 minutes, but Prey is to the point with no second wasted.

Loved it but its a shame that not only is this only available through streaming, but also it took ages since the original to get another great Predator movie.

Did you watch the English or Comanche version? I'm kind of torn on which version to watch first, I want the Comanche just because logically it makes sense, but don't want to miss anything when reading subs now.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Did you watch the English or Comanche version? I'm kind of torn on which version to watch first, I want the Comanche just because logically it makes sense, but don't want to miss anything when reading subs now.
I just watched the default setting.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah, Durst even encouraged some of the shit outright during the song, cheering people for tearing down barricades and tossing them up onto the crowd. It was pretty blatantly stupid all around.
Apparently a lot of sexual assaults/harassments were taking place as well, possibly after Nookie or just in general during the 3 days.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Apparently a lot of sexual assaults/harassments were taking place as well, possibly after Nookie or just in general during the 3 days.
Yeah, there's a section of the HBO Doc dedicated to the amount of sexual assaults and how "who gives a fuck" the entire security team was about them when notified. It's pretty horrific.

KnightBrolaire

Grand Wiggle Wizard
Reaction score
There is no straight Comanche version. They just pepper the english version with some Comanche.

mastapimp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah, there's a section of the HBO Doc dedicated to the amount of sexual assaults and how "who gives a fuck" the entire security team was about them when notified. It's pretty horrific.
I was at an Ozzfest (pretty sure it was '98) and EVERY girl/woman that decided to crowdsurf near the stage was groped or had their clothes torn off. I saw at least 2 girls get stripped naked by the crowd and passed to the front where security was waiting with a blanket to cover the girl up. 10 minutes later, the girl would be back in the crowd with a free shirt from the Ozzy merch table. Back then it was just this crazy drunk mob mentality and no performers or security said or did anything to stop it. I was just a teenager back then and didn't really think too hard about it, but it was pretty fucked up, especially by today's standards.

KnightBrolaire

Grand Wiggle Wizard
Reaction score
Fucking boo!
If it makes you feel better there's lots of parts where they speak Comanche/French and you'll have no fucking clue what they're saying, as the subtitles don't translate it.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
If it makes you feel better there's lots of parts where they speak Comanche/French and you'll have no fucking clue what they're saying, as the subtitles don't translate it.

God damn it, I really wanted the Comanche version to be like, the "definitive" take on it since they're Natives so it'd be cool as shit to be that authentic; but I guess that's too much to ask.

spudmunkey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was at an Ozzfest (pretty sure it was '98) and EVERY girl/woman that decided to crowdsurf near the stage was groped or had their clothes torn off. I saw at least 2 girls get stripped naked by the crowd and passed to the front where security was waiting with a blanket to cover the girl up. 10 minutes later, the girl would be back in the crowd with a free shirt from the Ozzy merch table. Back then it was just this crazy drunk mob mentality and no performers or security said or did anything to stop it. I was just a teenager back then and didn't really think too hard about it, but it was pretty fucked up, especially by today's standards.
Ozzfest 98 was the last one I went to. Saw the same thing in the milwaukee-area show, as well as people in the grass seating area lighting their blankets on fire and throwing them forward, and I got hit in the face (and then the back if the head while retreating) by a rock and a tennis ball-size piece of concrete thrown from the (real) seats.

Edit: correction, looking back at the posters and lineups, it was 1999.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score

While I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, the man very much gives off the impression that this is the type of piece of shit you'd imagine him to be. Good (I think?) to know that the speculations of myself and countless others weren't very far off.

Prey

As a huge fan of the original 2 movies, I was actually pretty excited to watch this. Glad to hear that it ended up being decent. I'll probably pop it on tomorrow when I finally get out of work.

Did any of you like the movie Predators from several years ago? The one with Lawrence Fishburn and Adrian Brody? That one wasn't tooooo bad but not that great either.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
That's an accurate description for Predators, it's not outright BAD, but it's a weird swerve for the franchise given the previous entries.

manu80

Jackson for life !
Reaction score
Predators was ok, watchable with action etc. Brody was good in it.I liked it.
But « the Predator » is one of the biggest shit ever released. Even wonder how you can give a green light to a project like this
Can’t wait to watch Prey at home when i’m back
Wanna watch Sandman too, seems it’s getting great reviews

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
But « the Predator » is one of the biggest shit ever released. Even wonder how you can give a green light to a project like this

Easy: the concept of getting Shane Black to direct a Predator movie seems perfect in theory... but it was too good to be true. He became in the wrong mindset and 20C Fox tried to change the movie with extensive reshoots with way too many overcomplicated ideas threading all over each other, hence a complete sloppy mess.

Which is a shame since you'd think Shane Black would understand Predator. And coming off some awesome films like The Nice Guys, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Iron Man 3 (which is awesome and will die on that hill disproving anyone who says otherwise). Instead it feels like Black got drunk and fell asleep at the wheel confusing Predator with... Iron Man 3 coincidentally enough.