Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Also, LifeForce. Haven't seen this since the mid 80s on VHS. Had vague memories of it.

Not bad for a 1985 off-broadway type sci fi movie. The 2nd act was a bit heavy handed and probably overly scripted but overall worth the time IMO, for 1985 sci fi vibes and a mostly digestible space vampire story. Definitely a good candidate for Rifftrax/MST3K as well.
I love Lifeforce. Who doesn't enjoy some intergalactic vampire space boobs?

spudmunkey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Apple. Think late 70s rock opera about the story of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, set in...maybe...a Eurovision-obsessed authoritarian regime in the future of 1994.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Contributor
Reaction score
The Apple. Think late 70s rock opera about the story of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, set in...maybe...a Eurovision-obsessed authoritarian regime in the future of 1994.

I'm hoping you saw the RIffed version. Haven't caught it yet.

DestroyMankind

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I just watched Dark night of the Scarecrow on peacock. It's a movie I've been meaning to check out for over a decade now. Definitely worth a watch and I will be buying it at some point. Even though it was shown on TV, it's still a good time.

spudmunkey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's technically a miniseries, but it's total run time is under 3 hours, so I'll call it a movie:

Trainwreck: Woodstock '99 on Netflix

It's a 3 part (one day per part) documentary of Woodstock '99. While fairly surface-level (though it was interesting they got some of the walkie talkie chatter), it was still amusing enough to be reminded of some of the events.

The one guy, though: what a, either delusional or purposefully disingenuous, shithead. Even if the documentary was edited in a way to try to make it seem like they were blaming one person, that person's actions and words simply do not line up with the reality we could all see, plain as day.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I just watched Dark night of the Scarecrow on peacock. It's a movie I've been meaning to check out for over a decade now. Definitely worth a watch and I will be buying it at some point. Even though it was shown on TV, it's still a good time.
The two Kolchak movies were made for TV. Being shown on TV doesn't necessarily denote it as bad.

DestroyMankind

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The two Kolchak movies were made for TV. Being shown on TV doesn't necessarily denote it as bad.
I guess it's known for "being made for TV" but that isn't the case. It was supposed to be in theaters I believe. CBS picked it up instead. I've seen worse movies in the mainstream by far. I mean IT was made for TV and that still scares people to this day.

Louis Cypher

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thor Love & Thunder. Enjoyed it tbh even though Christian Bale's excellent Gorr the God Butcher is wasted as is Tessa Thompson's Valkyrie and its not as good as Ragnarok I did enjoy it, loads of GnR and credits roll to Dio! Excellent!

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's technically a miniseries, but it's total run time is under 3 hours, so I'll call it a movie:

Trainwreck: Woodstock '99 on Netflix

It's a 3 part (one day per part) documentary of Woodstock '99. While fairly surface-level (though it was interesting they got some of the walkie talkie chatter), it was still amusing enough to be reminded of some of the events.

The one guy, though: what a, either delusional or purposefully disingenuous, shithead. Even if the documentary was edited in a way to try to make it seem like they were blaming one person, that person's actions and words simply do not line up with the reality we could all see, plain as day.
I didn't have much give-a-fuck for the whole Woodstock thing back when it was actually swinging around, but I've gotten a particular fascination for watching documentaries about the total shitfest it turned into. Just amazing how quickly it went from a little questionable to full-blown riot level stupid.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I tried watching part one last night, and everyone kept talking about how it was "such a powder keg" but they never explained WHY. Like, it seems like everyone just came in there frothing at the mouth and then it got worse? But there had to be something going on before that, there's no way everyone just in unison came in at like, an 8 just by the time Sheryll Crow was on stage and suddenly got pushed to an 11 to create that level of destruction throughout.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I tried watching part one last night, and everyone kept talking about how it was "such a powder keg" but they never explained WHY. Like, it seems like everyone just came in there frothing at the mouth and then it got worse? But there had to be something going on before that, there's no way everyone just in unison came in at like, an 8 just by the time Sheryll Crow was on stage and suddenly got pushed to an 11 to create that level of destruction throughout.
The HBO documentary actually does a little better job spelling out the behind-the-scenes systemic failures that lead to the crowd getting fed up. I've seen a few others, but all of them seem to point to a management group that had zero fucking clue WTF they were doing, and a mis-match of acts that hit the crowd exactly the wrong way and caused the ever escalating tensions to eventually spill over.

Man, some of that footage during the Limp Bizkit set is just mind boggling. Crowd surfing on the torn down fences while the big speaker arrays in the center are burning down? WTF?

michael_bolton

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Watched 'The Dropout' series on Hulu (it's about the rise and fall of the would-be medical industry game-changer startup Theranos). Hulu's next recommendation was a documentary about the rise and fall of WeWork so I watched that too lol.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Contributor
Reaction score
Watched 'The Dropout' series on Hulu (it's about the rise and fall of the would-be medical industry game-changer startup Theranos). Hulu's next recommendation was a documentary about the rise and fall of WeWork so I watched that too lol.
Same vein check "Crime of the Century" if you haven't.