Molded case for Jackson RRX7

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by MetalGravy, Jan 25, 2018.

1. MetalGravy

MetalGravy Making a meat suit

Can anyone here recommend a case for this guitar? It is too large for the regular Jackson RR/KV case. I looked at ESP, but would prefer molded over wood. I already asked Jackson, and was told that there is no official case for the model--just a gig bag.

The internal dimensions need to be at least 48 x 19 in. The best that I have been able to find so far is https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002D079Y/?tag=sevenstringorg-20 but it is a bit spendy--especially if I need to buy the foam separately.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  2. DIM3S0UL

DIM3S0UL Dean Guitars

I doubt that you find a molded case for this guitar. Thomann Europe has a case which is called "Xtreme" but the dimensions are slighly smaller than your needs. I got a Kelly 7 string in one of those and it was a perfect fit. It's also not that expensive.
    https://www.thomann.de/gb/166446_gitarrenkoffer.htm

If you really need a bigger case than you probably have to build one yourself or just get the gigbag.

3. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire

Jackson are aware that the RRX and RRXT V's don't fit the standard cases and are bringing out a new case sometime this year (according to my local dealer who contacted their rep). I have the same problem, I've got the RRXT.

4. MetalGravy

MetalGravy Making a meat suit

That's good to know. I followed with the rep about custom models, and he suggested having one custom made by G&G, Gator, or SKB. Is there a size difference between the 6-string RR and RRX?

5. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire

The 6's are all the same from memory (current ones at least). The Jackson RR case is designed to hold all RR, KV and 6 string V artist signatures (It's even got the details for the Corey sig in it).

6. svart

svart Far Beyond Metal

gator extreme case is about the only option that I know of. haven't tried the old ohsc from Jackson, but the gator is the only that would hold my rrx-7 or kelly-7 or my jr-v 7.