Lots of shootings...

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
On that note I'm out of here, have fun parrots.
I mean you're just parroting decades old, conservative old fart nonsense like a broken record? Be conservative, that's your problem, but don't be like most conservatives in this country, about as hypocritical as they come.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
I'm not saying it's right but if saving lives is the main purpose of gun control, then wouldn't it take decades of this going on to equal the number of people that'd die just by the act of attempting to collect the guns themselves taking place? Any attempt to collect the guns will lead to lot's of death imo. Lot's more than mass shootings it would seem.

thraxil

cylon
Reaction score
You can tell it's a bogus conspiracy theory because all of the "Biden's IRS stockpiling weapons" articles from this week are using the same numbers as 2017.
And when it was going around in 2017 it was "Obama's IRS stockpiling weapons" even though Trump was president.

Who says conservatives don't support recycling?

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I'm not saying it's right but if saving lives is the main purpose of gun control, then wouldn't it take decades of this going on to equal the number of people that'd die just by the act of attempting to collect the guns themselves taking place? Any attempt to collect the guns will lead to lot's of death imo. Lot's more than mass shootings it would seem.

Less children and more conspiracy loony-tunes morons.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Less children and more conspiracy loony-tunes morons.
Like an investment in the future? I dunno, I think the kids nowadays will be the one's that euthanize us. I might wanna take my chances with the looneys. I guess I'm open to change. If we actually gave a generation of kids a chance, maybe they would be nice to us. I'm in. Just don't bring any of them little shits around my gear. jk.

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
No one died when Australia got rid of guns. New Zealand is currently buying back guns and no one has died.

dtrax

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
No one died when Australia got rid of guns. New Zealand is currently buying back guns and no one has died.
I'm quoting you, but this is more in response to those outside the US making the argument for gun buy back programs.

I'm not debating it doesn't work. I mean, it's not hard to see that if guns go bye-bye, you have no gun violence. But here, in America, it will never fucking happen.

Instead of clutching to ideals, constituents and our policy makers need to find a middle ground and reject the NRA's hold over our gun laws.

thraxil

cylon
Reaction score
I was talking more about like a forced situation.
Australia's National Firearms Agreement made automatic and semi-automatic rilfes and shotguns illegal and then introduced a mandatory buyback program for illegal guns.

I'm not sure exactly what the key difference is between "mandatory" and "forced".

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Besides, don't you remember? Blue lives matter.

EpUHNSwXIAIkiYl.jpg

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Australia's National Firearms Agreement made automatic and semi-automatic rilfes and shotguns illegal and then introduced a mandatory buyback program for illegal guns.

I'm not sure exactly what the key difference is between "mandatory" and "forced".
How strongly it's actually enforced. Forced is they will come get them and kill you if you refuse or they'll create a standoff situation etc.

can't see picture.

Anyone who needs to be packing to go to Dairy Queen on Tuesday in broad daylight isn't the fearless soldier of fortune they think they are.

Besides, don't you remember? Blue lives matter.
I don't wanna talk about cops because my life experience is so unbelivable it sounds preposterous. It comes off as fiction. I support good cops with common sense that aren't over zealous though. One's that know when to let things slide, and one's that go out of their way to make things right without fines and jails or courts involved.

yan12

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I stay out of political discussions. This will be the first time I have ever posted in a thread like this. But I feel it necessary on this topic.

The greatest challenge in all of this is defining a narrow area of focus to change, modify, or fix. GUN CONTROL is far too wide and too partisan. Not only that, you have 250 yrs of history in this country where the gun and it's manufacture plays a major roll in weaving the fabric of this nation.

Understanding 2a is not easy in today's world, especially for our younger generations. Especially when the sole purpose of any lawyer is to twist words to fit their narrative. Lawyers are the cancer of language. They constantly screw with things until it all blends together and you can't make heads or tails of the original argument. That's why this country, our republic, is failing on all fronts. All republics fail and our experiment in self-governance and freedom is about over.

All politicians are lawyers these days. No more civic duty, but a career to embark on to enrich one's self at the sacrifice of others. A lifetime of families ruling the rest of us. A good old boys club that has an inner sanctum that cannot be broken. If you don't think people like Chuck Schumer and Mitch McConnell get together at the end of the day to sip 25yr old scotch you are truly blind. Yes, they muck it up and argue in front of cameras, but they are on the same team, and it's not ours, the so-called free people.

2a has but one purpose. Armed citizens can overthrow a government. Period. Don't mince words and don't play games. Our founding fathers knew the only way they succeeded was due to arms, and so future generations must be armed in case this experiment put people in chains.

Many today say this is not needed, guns are bad, and folks that like them or own them are bad too. We have evolved and become more civilized. But the facts remain that if you look at FBI statistics, more homicides happen with hands, feet, bats, knives and other weapons then they do with firearms. Guns are a tool that might make it easier, but evil folks will continue to do evil no matter what we do as a nation. If you snapped your finger today and guns disappeared, you would make up tomorrow to the same number of rapes, murders, car jackings, thefts, etc. People do bad things to other people, and with morality at an all time low, children are now targets too.

Since we are a nation founded upon the principle of self-reliance, it is up to the individual to provide for themselves in all manners, and this includes self-protection and the protection of one's loved ones and personal property. There is no one out there protecting you and yours other than yourself. Cops do a job, so does the military. But watching over you personally is not on the list.

Do I think raising the age to 21 helps? Sure. Can I see changes in the law that will do anything to help? No. We don't enforce the laws we have now, thanks to lawyers twisting words and getting clients off or having sentences reduced. Half our problems go away with just sticking to the rules we already have. They other half goes away if lawyers become extinct.

Allocation of funds. Instead of sending other countries billions of dollars, what about real security systems and single entry point modifications for schools. Real safety officers paid by the district. So many things we can do to save lives, but we will spend millions on legislation that does nothing that comes to producing results. Mental health awareness, nothing gets done. Not ever.

At the end of the day, taking guns away from citizens will only lead to the greatest revolt and death toll you would ever see. It's not feasible in any manner, so let it go. Clamp down, limit purchases, tax the piss out of them, whatever. But firearms are here to stay, just like lawyers and a government that cares only for it's own interests. Our government should be controlled buy US, the people, but it is not. The switch has flipped and the we do what we are told. WE think we have a say in governance, but we do not.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Hate to break out this old chestnut, but as the saying goes...
"Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired"
If not by logic, then what, though?

I think it's a little disingenuous to throw in "no public mental health programs" into the causes for Honduras's gun violence. Is mental health to blame in countries where violence is a way of life?
Yes, particluarly in latin america, according to several sources, whether triggered by external factors, or not.

Maybe you can debate the efficacy of those mental health programs, but that's another side-topic. However, the link between mental health and violence are well-documented.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
So no more buying guns, just state owned/sanctioned shooting ranges where you can buy a membership and shoot all the cool AF guns you want for one low, low price.
Is "State owned/sanctioned shooting range" a euphemism for joining the military?

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
No, the police.
Oh, I guess my mind went to a dark place, but it wasn't dark enough to catch @Randy 's drift.

If we got things the way I outlined, those potential abusers of power would have no where to go other than therapy, unless they actually act on their impulses, then into a rehabilitation program.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh, I guess my mind went to a dark place, but it wasn't dark enough to catch @Randy 's drift.

If we got things the way I outlined, those potential abusers of power would have no where to go other than therapy, unless they actually act on their impulses, then into a rehabilitation program.

Nah, I don't think Randy meant it that way.