Lots of shootings...

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
Select all of the following images which you can fight with an AK:

34-2.jpg

F-35A_flight_%28cropped%29.jpg

Have you ever read a history book? Are you at all aware of the failures of the American military against militia warfare in the 20th/21st Century? You fool. The AK-47 has been whooping the US since the Korean War and Vietnam.

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
Have you ever read a history book? Are you at all aware of the failures of the American military against militia warfare in the 20th/21st Century? You fool. The AK-47 has been whooping the US since the Korean War and Vietnam.
It's a shame there are no well regulated militias then to shoot down the helicopters.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Yea n00b, there's a VA burial flag in my living room -- I'm somewhat aware of America's military involvements of the 20th/21st century.

It's a shame you don't seem to be acknowledging any of the obvious aspects of those conflicts that contributed to US difficulties. Hint: the AK-47 isn't a big part of it, and unless you are inhabiting some intricate tunnel system in some unmapped area of Florida, mixed in with a bunch of civilians we don't want to kill, fighting off against a bunch of circa 1970 government tech, that is cut off from robust supply lines, you don't have a chance in hell. In recent conflicts, facing off against people who are probably well-described as battle hardened on their home turf and generally unfamiliar to the soldiers, the enemy/military death toll tends to be ~100:1. You like those odds? Have you ever read a math book?

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Why do conservatives see the government as this one singular evil entity when in reality its just a bunch of people who frankly are just trying to get a fuckin paycheck like everyone else?

Reaction score
... perto de onde a terra acaba e o mar começa...
Why do conservatives see the government as this one singular evil entity when in reality its just a bunch of people who frankly are just trying to get a fuckin paycheck like everyone else?
... I'd add "at the cost of everyone else" 😁 ... but that would be giving the enemy free to use arguments...

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
You're calling us fools? This is rich. You are a fool. The failures of the American military are NOT because of the AK-47, they are because of a FREE MOTHERFUCKING PRESS that reported on the war and it turned public opinion against it (not that it was ever there to begin with). The US government didn't go all out and try and win the wars not because their apache helicopters (which didn't exist back then) were scared of small arms fire...they were scared of China or the Soviet Union intervening and subsequent direct conflict because as dumb as McNamara was even he knew the only way to stop a good guy like us with a nuke is a bad guy with a nuke (give or take thousands more)

Yes I've read history books and what's more some of us have been real soldiers, not pretend ones who got cum stains on their shorts from watching die hard.

What's actually more disturbing is this undercurrent you espouse....do you ACTUALLY think that you owning small arms that right now others are using children to practice on will actually help you in the great war with the government? You are delusional unless you and hundreds of thousands more just like you are TRAINING for this in which case I have no reason to respect you as a fellow citizen because you clearly aren't interested in being one. Too bad you don't recognize that global warming and nuclear proliferation are still a greater threat to you and me than Pelosi "coming for your guns"

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
You're calling us fools? This is rich. You are a fool. The failures of the American military are NOT because of the AK-47, they are because of a FREE MOTHERFUCKING PRESS that reported on the war and it turned public opinion against it (not that it was ever there to begin with). The US government didn't go all out and try and win the wars not because their apache helicopters (which didn't exist back then) were scared of small arms fire...they were scared of China or the Soviet Union intervening and subsequent direct conflict because as dumb as McNamara was even he knew the only way to stop a good guy like us with a nuke is a bad guy with a nuke (give or take thousands more)

Yes I've read history books and what's more some of us have been real soldiers, not pretend ones who got cum stains on their shorts from watching die hard.

What's actually more disturbing is this undercurrent you espouse....do you ACTUALLY think that you owning small arms that right now others are using children to practice on will actually help you in the great war with the government? You are delusional unless you and hundreds of thousands more just like you are TRAINING for this in which case I have no reason to respect you as a fellow citizen because you clearly aren't interested in being one. Too bad you don't recognize that global warming and nuclear proliferation are still a greater threat to you and me than Pelosi "coming for your guns"
Only about 1 in 4 military personnel wounds in armed conflict are from bullets, according to the Red Cross. In Iraq and Afghanistan, that number was only 9% for US troops. Far more injuries are caused by explosions. So, even if you assume that the wars were lost by traditional battle (which we know that they weren't), it wasn't bullets from AK-47's that caused the majority of the problem.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
Only about 1 in 4 military personnel wounds in armed conflict are from bullets, according to the Red Cross. In Iraq and Afghanistan, that number was only 9% for US troops. Far more injuries are caused by explosions. So, even if you assume that the wars were lost by traditional battle (which we know that they weren't), it wasn't bullets from AK-47's that caused the majority of the problem.
ok. Color me either dim or perplexed (your choice) but why is what you are saying a response to what I was saying? Are we in disagreement about something?

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
ok. Color me either dim or perplexed (your choice) but why is what you are saying a response to what I was saying? Are we in disagreement about something?
Sorry, should have been clearer if I had started that out with "not only that, but additionally..."

Yeah, I agree with what you said, just thought that, even if someone were to argue that you were wrong about the high-level stuff (not saying you are), @Glades would still be wrong, since what that user had said was just nonsense.

BornToLooze

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Is this satire?

You're basically saying if there is a domestic dispute with and a guy actually threatens her (and probably calls her a crazy bitch), that he should be able to keep his AR or AK, and then inevitably in some cases go back and shoot her, because it would be a shame to inconvenience people like yourself. As sad as that is, it also didn't do anything to help provide an argument of why you should even have one in the first place.

No it's not, try reading what I wrote again.

narad

Reaction score
No it's not, try reading what I wrote again.

If you want to stop red flag laws so that some "vindictive piece of shit" can't use a false claim so the police take away your guns, then it obviously follows that you'll be protecting actual pieces of shit that threaten their domestic partners with weapons, and wind up actually shooting them. You didn't write it, but what you wrote directly implies it.

Like you say, "How many innocent people have to be punished to make sure you catch the bad guys?" and the innocent people you refer to are the guys with guns whose wives call the cops on them when they didn't actually threaten them, and not like, wives who get shot by their husbands. Weird priorities and a little bit too specific.

BornToLooze

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If you want to stop red flag laws so that some "vindictive piece of shit" can't use a false claim so the police take away your guns, then it obviously follows that you'll be protecting actual pieces of shit that threaten their domestic partners with weapons, and wind up actually shooting them. You didn't write it, but what you wrote directly implies it.

Like you say, "How many innocent people have to be punished to make sure you catch the bad guys?" and the innocent people you refer to are the guys with guns whose wives call the cops on them when they didn't actually threaten them, and not like, wives who get shot by their husbands. Weird priorities and a little bit too specific.

As someone who has almost gotten assault charges from stopping that one inlaw that's never invited but always finds out about the family events and shows up anyways, from beating the shit out of their kid I have so many problems with what you said.

And as far as pieces of shit that threaten their domestic partner with weapons, she threatened to kill me, my wife, our kids, her boyfriend, his son, and his N-word loving momma. But she tried to file assault charges on me, because I wasn't as gentle as I could have been when I stopped her from beating the shit out of a twelve year old and an 8 month old. Also, it's surprising how many felonies someone can catch at one time.

But even besides that, as cliched quote as it is, God made all men, Sam Colt made 'em equal. If a woman weighs half of what her boyfriend does, that's probably the only chance she has from getting beat to death.

narad

Reaction score
As someone who has almost gotten assault charges from stopping that one inlaw that's never invited but always finds out about the family events and shows up anyways, from beating the shit out of their kid I have so many problems with what you said.

And as far as pieces of shit that threaten their domestic partner with weapons, she threatened to kill me, my wife, our kids, her boyfriend, his son, and his N-word loving momma. But she tried to file assault charges on me, because I wasn't as gentle as I could have been when I stopped her from beating the shit out of a twelve year old and an 8 month old. Also, it's surprising how many felonies someone can catch at one time.

But even besides that, as cliched quote as it is, God made all men, Sam Colt made 'em equal. If a woman weighs half of what her boyfriend does, that's probably the only chance she has from getting beat to death.

I mean, I read this and all I think is we need more red flag laws. This is exactly the type of nonsense police should handle.

The problem with the US is that some people are living in 2023 and others are living in 1823 and somehow one set of rules is supposed to apply to both. Call the police, stop trying to be John Wayne.

tedtan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Calling the police is generally the best option, but it still doesn’t apply to every situation. For example, I live out in the country, so the police wouldn’t get here in time to prevent anything from happening, they’d only be able to try to sort things out after the fact. If I want to prevent something from happening, its pretty much on me to do so.

Also, Florida implemented some red flag laws that aren’t terrible. After a complaint, the case goes before a judge who examines the evidence and makes a temporary (or, in some cases, permanent) ruling as to whether the defendant gets to keep their firearms. If the judge rules no firearms for one year, the case can then be revisited after that one year period to determine whether the individual is able to recieve their firearms back at that point.

I’m sure there are some issues that could be improved, but Florida’s flag laws could serve as a viable model for national red flag laws.

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The average cop is also an ignorant simpleton so I'd think twice about calling a cop to any situation more complicated than "I got robbed" or else you're as likely to be the one getting abused/shot/arrested. Especially if you're black, in which case you already know to basically never call the cops.

It sucks, because "just call the cops" should be the correct answer. That cops are so corrupt, incompetent, and unaccountable does change the calculus.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The average cop is also an ignorant simpleton so I'd think twice about calling a cop to any situation more complicated than "I got robbed" or else you're as likely to be the one getting abused/shot/arrested. Especially if you're black, in which case you already know to basically never call the cops.

It sucks, because "just call the cops" should be the correct answer. That cops are so corrupt, incompetent, and unaccountable does change the calculus.
I mean, if the reason red flag laws won't work is the cops are too corrupt, incompetent, and unaccountable to be trusted to enforce them and not shoot the people calling in red flags, that's a pretty strong argment for reducing the number of guns in private AND police hands.

The fact modern policing involves treating basically every police interaction as a SWAT exercise is, I'd argue, one of the biggest problems with American gun culture.