Sylim

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
sounds like there´s a steep LPF happening that makes it sound like a low quality mp3. not sure if soundcloud messed something up. do you hear a difference between the soundcloud track and your original rendered track?
but judging from the relation between drums and guitars, as best as i can with the way it is, i wouldn´t make the guitars darker. you can always ask yourself, will it be better or just different when you keep fiddling?

RobertVII

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
sounds like there´s a steep LPF happening that makes it sound like a low quality mp3. not sure if soundcloud messed something up. do you hear a difference between the soundcloud track and your original rendered track?
but judging from the relation between drums and guitars, as best as i can with the way it is, i wouldn´t make the guitars darker. you can always ask yourself, will it be better or just different when you keep fiddling?

Hmmm I don't have LPF on the master bus but I do have a pretty aggressive one on the rhythm guitars.

Sylim

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
got it. maybe you actually wanna ease up on the lpf on the guitars. it hits the ear in a weird way. or use a more mellow roll off. personally i stick with 12db slope on guitars. anything else gets done with bells.

Sylim

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
yeah, definitely sounds better now. though i do think the mix as a whole is still kind of lacking some brilliance in the 10k and above range. did you also put a lpf on the drums or something?

RobertVII

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have so high cuts on the overheads and room mics for the drums that might a bit too aggressive. I'll try adjusting those and putting another mix below. I have a high shelf boost on my master that I could increase as well if the entire mix needs a boost.

edit: I made those adjustments and also raised the high shelf boost
https://soundcloud.com/r0bert-1/tinnitus-mix-6