Line6 M9 programme question?

lewis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I cant find the answer Im looking for with these.

Can i click just 1 button and activate like multiple effects at once?. Example leadtone. 1 click and delay, reverb and a volume boost all happens or whatever?

Im also interested in controlling it with a midi footswitch (i.e the behringer one) anyone have any experiences with any of this and knows the answer I would be much appreciative :hbang:

edsped

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yes, read up on the "Scenes" function. Each scene is a snapshot of an entirely unique pedal layout, and you can save which effects are on or off as well.

I controlled an M13 with a MIDI footswitch for a while and it worked fine.

lewis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yes, read up on the "Scenes" function. Each scene is a snapshot of an entirely unique pedal layout, and you can save which effects are on or off as well.

I controlled an M13 with a MIDI footswitch for a while and it worked fine.

Awesome ok, so basically I could get this pedal, save my effects "scene" which would be delay, reverb and hopefully some form of volume boost for leads. Then pushing 1 button turns this on/off and with a midi foot controller i could set it up so when I switch to the clean channel on my amp these effects turn on automatically?

The behringer midi controller looks great tbh. Being able to do channel switches that also turn on/off effects with 1 button would be so damn handy!!!. And this is do-able with just a midi controller?

CTID

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Your amp obviously has to be MIDI-capable as well, but yes, you should be able to.

lewis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Your amp obviously has to be MIDI-capable as well, but yes, you should be able to.

I have the Laney Ironheart 120 watt head and it has a midi input so I hope so haha? Its not arrived yet -
257174d1358451759-amp-test-laney-irt120h-ironheart-rear_komplett.jpg

but that would be so good. 1 button, clean channel with affects..... another press back to rhythm. Another button Lead tone with effects. All 1 click each

Stephen

Collibus
Reaction score
The Laney Ironheart is not midi-capable.

Don't hook it up at the risk that something could go wrong! What you see on the back of the Ironheart is the 5 pin Din connector which is only to be used with the foot switch.

lewis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Laney Ironheart is not midi-capable.

Don't hook it up at the risk that something could go wrong! What you see on the back of the Ironheart is the 5 pin Din connector which is only to be used with the foot switch.

Yeah I found this out afterwards. Im guna be getting a Pod HD Pro rack and only use the Ironhearts Lead channel I think. All the effects provided by the Rack and the clean tone will be provided by the Pod so I wont need to worry about amp channel switching thankfully.

How modern amp companies can put out high gain Metal amps with no effects loop controll switch and no midi controlling is baffling

Stephen

Collibus
Reaction score
It's production cost at the end of the day.

You can buy things like this RJM Rack Gizmo

I have the older version which is the RG-16, just haven't gotten around to setting up a rack rig though yet. Will be doing this year though for when I play Download Festival.

lewis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's production cost at the end of the day.

You can buy things like this RJM Rack Gizmo

I have the older version which is the RG-16, just haven't gotten around to setting up a rack rig though yet. Will be doing this year though for when I play Download Festival.

Thats sweet man ;) I wish I had all this stuff for when I played Bloodstock last year haha. have fun with Download :hbang: