Lancaster Audio Pulse and Amped Roots with Mac OS El Capitan?

Protestheriphery

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I downloaded and installed Lancaster Audio Pulse IR loader, but it's not showing up in the plugin list in my daw.

Also, I have Amped Roots Fluff v 1.2.2, and it works fine. So I downloaded the update, but it wont install. I keep getting this pop up:
Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 9.19.17 PM.png
I'm running Mac OS El Capitan. Anybody know if these plugins are compatible? I cant find any info for system requirements on either of the software websites.

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
I had the same issue with Monterey OS. I emailed Lancaster but got no reponse. when studio one scans plugins, it showed up but it it cant be used. it won't launch. . i deleted it and moved on.

GunpointMetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What? Apple making things difficult? No way!?!?
I'm not a Mac user, but I've had to do this on some friends computers. Unless something has changed recently this fixed it us.

#1 Go to System Preferences > Security and Privacy > in the General tab > you see two options, Allow apps downloaded from a) App Store, b) App Store and identified developers.

#2 There is a third option called " Allow apps from anywhere " this used to be an option in earlier versions of macOS, but disappeared when macOS Sierra arrived. However you can get the Anywhere option back.

#3 Open " Terminal " and enter the following code to get you anywhere option back.

sudo spctl --master-disable
#4 Now press Return, and you will be asked to enter your password. Once that's done, open System Preferences (if it's already open, you'll need to quit it and restart to see the new options) and go to the Security & Privacy section.

#5 A new, third option will have appeared allowing you to 'Allow apps downloaded from: Anywhere'. You'll have to click the padlock icon to make changes to the settings on this page.

Protestheriphery

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I had the same issue with Monterey OS. I emailed Lancaster but got no reponse. when studio one scans plugins, it showed up but it it cant be used. it won't launch. . i deleted it and moved on.
Yeah. Tbh, I didnt really expect much. I already have 3 other cab loaders (including the fluff sim), so the LA Pulse IR is kind of redundant. I was just curious to see whats different. Also, apparently its made by the same company that does the Nadir, which I already have. So, at this point, I'm not that pressed to sort it all out.
What? Apple making things difficult? No way!?!?
I'm not a Mac user, but I've had to do this on some friends computers. Unless something has changed recently this fixed it us.

#1 Go to System Preferences > Security and Privacy > in the General tab > you see two options, Allow apps downloaded from a) App Store, b) App Store and identified developers.

#2 There is a third option called " Allow apps from anywhere " this used to be an option in earlier versions of macOS, but disappeared when macOS Sierra arrived. However you can get the Anywhere option back.

#3 Open " Terminal " and enter the following code to get you anywhere option back.

sudo spctl --master-disable
#4 Now press Return, and you will be asked to enter your password. Once that's done, open System Preferences (if it's already open, you'll need to quit it and restart to see the new options) and go to the Security & Privacy section.

#5 A new, third option will have appeared allowing you to 'Allow apps downloaded from: Anywhere'. You'll have to click the padlock icon to make changes to the settings on this page.
Apparently, Apple makes it to where: if the product is 6 mo old, it will be a clusterphuq function.

I tried the security fix, but... still the issue persists. Oh well, the fluff 2.0 update isn’t all that compelling to me anyway. Its just more of what I already have, to begin with.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Every time I think about buying a Mac I read shit like this and slap my trusty old i7 PC on the butt and fire her up.