KSR Ceres - 3 Channel Preamp Pedal

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by protest, Jan 24, 2019.

1. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Kyle runs both the building and social media sides of KSR, so I imagine the dude's pretty busy.

2. johnnydeformed

johnnydeformed SS.org Regular

From their website....

“We had a delay getting PCBs in, but they are due here the beginning of next week. We already have some chassis fabricated and ready, as well as sub-assemblies. The PCB assembly begins as soon as they arrive. Pick & Place is programmed and setup, and we have another tech hired to help with the hand assembly. We’ll therefore start shipping by mid/end next week (3.15.19). They will be going out the door daily, as they are assembled and tested.”

HeHasTheJazzHands and 0rimus like this.
  3. MrWulf

MrWulf SS.org Regular

Aw, ok. My pedalboard-only rig is almost done, got the Tube Cake pedal after some hassling, now it only need the Ceres to make it here. Ah well, more waiting!

4. johnnydeformed

Mine too though I’m using the Powerstage 170. Can’t wait to try the Ceres!

Korneo and Gmork like this.
  5. MrWulf

MrWulf SS.org Regular

I'd have gotten that if it wasn't for the fact that i dont play live and also it doesnt allow universal wattage. Cant be a flexible pedal power amp if i cant use it outside of US lol

I play music likes this.
  6. HeHasTheJazzHands

I gotta say them being douchy with the PCBs made me feel a bit less bad canceling my preorder. :lol: I'm still considering it but at the same time I wanna wait and see how the Revv model is going to be in the new Helix update

Dineley likes this.
  7. johnnydeformed

I don’t think they were douchy about it. Probably a manufacturing or layout error they found early. They let everyone know not too soon after the ETA to ship passed too. It does suck waiting though but I suppose it could be far worse. Some people are on build wait lists for years which is just crazy.

I will let you know what I think of the Ceres after I’ve had it for a little.

8. HeHasTheJazzHands

I mean the manufacturer, not Kyle. Kyle's been cool throughout all this and I give him props for being transparent about it. He was really understanding when asked to cancel my preorder too.

9. johnnydeformed

Oh yeah, gotcha! Hopefully it was just a screw up and not them being dicked over by the board manufacturer. I’ve had that happen in my job and it’s not pleasant.

10. Spinedriver

Spinedriver SS.org Regular

Working in manufacturing, it's entirely possible that the pcb guys weren't so much being 'douchy' but one of the machines could have broken down or even one of their suppliers were late shipping things to them, etc...

Yeah it sucks when something gets delayed but all things considered, I'd say a week is pretty good. Sometimes those delays can be several months, so at least KSR is getting everything prepped so that when they DO arrive, the pedals will be able to be assembled in in good time.

cwhitey2 likes this.
  11. dewberry

dewberry SS.org Regular

For me this is kinda Normal and one or two week delay is acceptable. I pre-ordered three pedals last year and all encountered delay issues. lol.

0rimus likes this.
  12. johnnydeformed

Off the top of my head I can't think of a pre-order that wasn't delayed. A delay is well worth it if an issue is being addressed. I think we're all just excited to try the Ceres out. It ticks many boxes for me. Preamp pedal of decent size, 3 channels, dedicated EQ for each channel, dedicated volume for each channel, soft touch foot switches. I've been searching for the right preamp pedal since I switched to a pedal board amp setup. I've played some great ones but I think (hope) that this is going to be the right preamp for me.

13. bracky

bracky Contributor

Pussymelter arrived on time! Man I love that pedal.

14. johnnydeformed

Can anyone share experience with KSR cleans? I'm wondering how the Ceres clean channel is tuned in relation to the amps. I know it's stripped down with only a volume and tone control but I would imagine Kyle tried to capture the essence of his amp's clean tone. I need a passable decent headroom clean but nothing like a big round high headroom Fender clean sound so I am mostly just curious as to what the KSR clean sound is.

15. protest

protest SS.org Regular

Depends on the amp because the Gemini and I believe the Artemis have voicing switches on the clean, but the core tone is essentially a Mesa Recto Fat clean or a Mark V Fat and Bold clean if you've ever played either. The KSR has less highend though.

johnnydeformed likes this.
  16. johnnydeformed

Thanks for the info! I've used a lot of Rectos over the years so I am familiar with that clean sound and it works for me.

I am so anxious for this pedal I feel like I'm constantly checking the website and instagram to see if they've started shipping yet. Hopefully, soon!

17. protest

protest SS.org Regular

Np dude. Just to be clear I mean Road King, Roadster, MW Lonestar based cleans, not the older models.

18. johnnydeformed

Anyone receive any shipping info or anything yet? I think I'm around #47 but haven't been asked to pay the balance yet.

19. 0rimus

0rimus SS.org Regular

Naw not a word yet, but I'll be sure to post in when I do!

20. Korneo

Korneo SS.org Regular

I can't wait for you reviews/videos !
    I just love the sound of the Gemini but can't afford it and assume the taxes to ship in France, so I want this pedal so bad !