Jackson Concept Series RR24-7

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
This is why they discontinued production in Japan. The QC was on par with American/Custom Shop. Now that Fender runs the show, it’s all about profitability and the Custom Shop catering to the financially elite.

Eh nope. I have a couple of MIJ Jacksons from 2010 (last production year) and their QC is no way on par with the USA/CS Jacksons sitting right next to them. Your statement applies to the older Professionals from the early 90's, which got discontinued for the reasons you mention.

Chusin Gakki (the japanese factory that made them) closed because FMIC didn't want to re-negotiate the contracts after the yen-dollar exchange rates hit Japan hard after the Tsunami, and went bankrupt.

Last edited:

KyleDoesGuitar

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Eh nope. I have a couple of MIJ Jacksons from 2010 (last production year) and their QC is no way on par with the USA/CS Jacksons sitting right next to them. Your statement applies to the older Professionals from the early 90's, which got discontinued for the reasons you mention.

Chusin Gakki (the japanese factory that made them) closed because FMIC didn't want to re-negotiate the contracts after the yen-dollar exchange rates hit Japan hard after the Tsunami, and went bankrupt.
My ‘94 Dinky XL begs to differ, ser. I also have a GC limited Dinky w the 3+3 headstock. I worked at GC Oxnard, CA and played with many Jackson’s, as well as friends and other afficianados’ Americans (gloss necks? Gf outta here) etc. The MIJ are indeed on par and meticulously crafted with no flaws to speak of and utilize upper eschalon materials (real shellfish, dark rosewood, SS frets, etc)
Basically what you’re telling me is that you hate on Bolt-Ons, or Basswood…tsk tsk

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
My ‘94 Dinky XL begs to differ, ser. I also have a GC limited Dinky w the 3+3 headstock. I worked at GC Oxnard, CA and played with many Jackson’s, as well as friends and other afficianados’ Americans, etc. The MIJ are indeed on par and meticulously crafted with no flaws to speak of and utilize upper eschalon materials (real shellfish, dark rosewood, etc)

Ahem...

Your statement applies to the older Professionals from the early 90's

Isn't a ‘94 Dinky XL an early Pro? :scratch:

And no, MIJ Jacksons after '95 don't use real shellfish. They do use good woods, but as I said I have sitting right next to me two MIJ Jacksons and three USA Jacksons. I stand by what I said.

Last edited:

KyleDoesGuitar

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ahem...

Isn't a ‘94 Dinky XL an early Pro? :scratch:

And no, MIJ Jacksons after '95 don't use real shellfish. They do use good woods, but as I said I have sitting right next to me two MIJ Jacksons and three USA Jacksons. I stand by what I said.
Professional series, the next tier above performer series

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think Jackson's total lack of consistency with naming is confusing everyone here. :lol:

mastapimp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My ‘94 Dinky XL begs to differ, ser. I also have a GC limited Dinky w the 3+3 headstock. I worked at GC Oxnard, CA and played with many Jackson’s, as well as friends and other afficianados’ Americans (gloss necks? Gf outta here) etc. The MIJ are indeed on par and meticulously crafted with no flaws to speak of and utilize upper eschalon materials (real shellfish, dark rosewood, SS frets, etc)
Basically what you’re telling me is that you hate on Bolt-Ons, or Basswood…tsk tsk
lol no.

BrutalRob

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’ve already answered a lot of these questions if you read the thread
MIK, not MIJ
I did not ask where they are made. I know they are made in Korea.
I asked for how well they are made, how well they play, if they are worth the money. And since you still don't have your preorder, i think you could have hardly answered that question yet.
Back in the day, those Korean made guitars were nice, but could not hold a candle to the mij jackson i once had.
But then again, this has been some years.