It's official, a """Pantera reunion""" is happening.

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Damn this is still going on? God bless y'all

So here's the thing, the people who accept his apology are the people who didn't think it was a big deal anyways. No one who saw that situation as a massive red flag is gonna go "Oh he said sorry. Everything's okay! Lemme go out and buy all his albums now!" Phil's issue isn't that one moment on stage. Phil's issue is that he has a history of saying racist things whether in public or in private. He IS racist. If multiple members of Pantera are dropping in N bombs, and waving around hillbilly swastikas (the confederate flag), and their singer is screaming white power on stage.

What the fuck more proof do you need? Do you want them to come out in white robes and lynch black people on stage before you realize something isn't right?
The issue is that's who he is. Racists don't suddenly have a "come to Jesus" moment conveniently right after they face backlash for their actions. They'll say what they need to say to keep the heat off them and the ONLY people who accept it are people who were okay with all of it in the first place.

Not only does it show that members of Pantera should be left alone but the diehard fans are questionable as well. If I told someone that I'm not comfortable with a group of guys who constantly enjoy and promote imagery, actions, and language that literally equals death and abuse to people who look like me and they go "Yeah but...that's just how they are..it's cool", then that person is just as untrustworthy. It's quite literally common sense.

At the end of the day IDGAF if people like Pantera or not, but if after everything has been laid out in the open there are people who are okay with it, then I'm judging them too.
And for the record I do believe in separating art from the artist. I like quite a few Pantera songs, and even a Down song or two..but I damn sure wouldn't want to hang with any of the members of the band, nor will I give them any of my money.

That's a really fair fuckin' point right there! It is true most people think him dropping a couple of racist slurs while drunk for teh lols was all it was so they indeed didn't really give a fuck.

iu

But it was alot more than just an occasional occurence and those that really dove into Pantera, knew this as a widely accepted fact.

Personally, I don't even give a shit. I'm a black metal fan, sez so in my name. So I will listen to a tape no matter what it is, so long as the music is good.

Probably like 1/8th of my black metal catalog are records you would all cut out of your own and do all the shithole countless hours of pointless research to find out who might possibly have sent a facebook message to whoever else they said might have sent another tweet to the other ole ns bastard meet. But I won't.

Once the music sounds like ass however, it wouldn't matter what the message was. It would still sound like ass to me and I would not listen to it. Just like you said, you know what you know about the artist, you seperate it from them regardless because you still like a few of their songs. It's totally understanable that you would not want to support them though and most people are exactly like that. Which I also get behind.

But the pound fappage about who is what is such a cosmo magazine thing. I listen to rekkids and try to make them, that's it. Everything is politics.

Kwert

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Contracts were signed. Unless there is a clause for them to cancel for this reason, pantera and promoters have damages. As far as Stalin quotes goes, the documentary on Stalin on history channel presented that as his quote, or I miss heard. After looking it up it does seem it was his security deputy , but it was part of Stalinism … . The spirit of my statement remains though details may not be not fully accurate. I own any inaccuracies. Sorry for that. Facts do matter

At this level of touring there’s almost always a clause or some language that allows the Presenter to terminate the agreement for reasons like this.

Hell, a lot of the contracts my duo receive have similar clauses and we’re playing smallish classical music series.

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
here's the thing: plenty of others says a lot of racist things in entertainment world against various ethic groups, including asians, whites and jews. they get ZERO blow back. ever been to a hip hop or rap show? the lyrics alone are racist in many songs. apply the standard equally if its going to be applied. let people decide with their dollar votes/ ticket purchases.. if they think the guy is an ass, he gets penalized with less ticket sales and the band folds.

Reaction score
here's the thing: plenty of others says a lot of racist things in entertainment world against various ethic groups, including asians, whites and jews. they get ZERO blow back. ever been to a hip hop or rap show? the lyrics alone are racist in many songs. apply the standard equally if its going to be applied. let people decide with their dollar votes/ ticket purchases.. if they think the guy is an ass, he gets penalized with less ticket sales and the band folds.
You mean like Kanye who lost his billionaire status and has been dropped and kicked out of everything?

By the way I've been to lots of rap shows, I know rappers and all that...ain't nobody doing all that.

People don't want to hire a guy who advocates for the death of minorities. He's a financial time bomb.

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Exactly.
You mean like Kanye who lost his billionaire status and has been dropped and kicked out of everything?

By the way I've been to lots of rap shows, I know rappers and all that...ain't nobody doing all that.

People don't want to hire a guy who advocates for the death of minorities. He's a financial time bomb.
August 13th 2016. Sherman Park Milwaukee. Would like to have a word with you. Black people were litterally hunting down random white people, they could be heard saying "is he white? He white?! GETIM!!!" then straight mauling down white people as a crazed group of tottally unracist individuals.

Saying racism is one sided is absolutely laughable at best. Or that it mostly circles around certain groups. lmfao Nobody will ever own up to the fact that racism has always and will always be everywhere from every group that's different than them.

Everything is hush-hush when eyes are on them but behind closed doors everybody lets loose. I've heard and overheard all sorts of shit from all sorts of "civilized" people.

Reaction score
Exactly.

August 13th 2016. Sherman Park Milwaukee. Would like to have a word with you. Black people were litterally hunting down random white people, they could be heard saying "is he white? He white?! GETIM!!!" then straight mauling down white people as a crazed group of tottally unracist individuals.

Saying racism is one sided is absolutely laughable at best. Or that it mostly circles around certain groups. lmfao Nobody will ever own up to the fact that racism has always and will always be everywhere from every group that's different than them.

Everything is hush-hush when eyes are on them but behind closed doors everybody lets loose. I've heard and overheard all sorts of shit from all sorts of "civilized" people.
Can you show me where I said racism is one sided? Please quote it and post it here. I'll wait.

By the way, you conveniently left out that this event was during a riot that began out of protests from a black person being killed by a police officer who was acquitted of all charges.

The usual situation that started as a peaceful protest, cops got involved and shit went south. I don't, however, see anything about mobs of black people just roaming the streets and hunting down random white people. Funny how that works

By the way..what does ANY of that have to do with Anselmo being a piece of shit?

Even IF what you said was true, how does that justify his behavior?

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Can you show me where I said racism is one sided? Please quote it and post it here. I'll wait.
You saying that mostley white people waving the conferate flag are bad but "my black friends never say racist shit at rap shows" makes it seem like you make it one sided.

I litterally made beats for black rappers exclusively at one point and they were racist to my face openly. So there is no this group is better than another when talking about racism.

By the way, you conveniently left out that this event was during a riot that began out of protests from a black person being killed by a police officer who was acquitted of all charges.
Ah yeah so someone has killed a black cop when asian cops and white cops constantly die but for some reason when a black cop dies then riots need to be taken inna street and white people have to live in fear of walking their ass down to the corner store to grab themselves a 40oz too.

Cops die regularly, but why do random white people have to be mauled by angry black people who are willing to come at anyone right now? When has a white cop died and then a bunch of whites and asians gathered round the streets with guns and weapons ready to maul anyone that can walk down a street?! LOL God damn man.

The usual situation that started as a peaceful protest, cops got involved and shit went south. I don't, however, see anything about mobs of black people just roaming the streets and hunting down random white people. Funny how that works
Uhhh, already answered that one thrice now. They were mauling random white people for the third time. Reddit doesn't have enough dickbeaters to scrub all the vids of these groups doing this to absolutely random white people who weren't involved and had no idea what was happening.

They just happened to be white and in the line of voilence without a clue to what was actually happening. Wrong place, wrong time and no knowledge of a cop attack when huge groups of black people chasing them down a street, scared for their life.

Your 4 o'clock news won't show you the clips I saw from peoples phones on reddit. That's mainstream news baby, nobody actually listened to that propaganda anymore. News bit will make it look civilized when it wasn't.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You saying that mostley white people waving the conferate flag are bad but "my black friends never say racist shit at rap shows" makes it seem like you make it one sided.

I litterally made beats for black rappers exclusively at one point and they were racist to my face openly. So there is no this group is better than another when talking about racism.

Ah yeah so someone has killed a black cop when asian cops and white cops constantly die but for some reason when a black cop dies then riots need to be taken inna street and white people have to live in fear of walking their ass down to the corner store to grab themselves a 40oz too.

Cops die regularly, but why do random white people have to be mauled by angry black people who are willing to come at anyone right now? When has a white cop died and then a bunch of whites and asians gathered round the streets with guns and weapons ready to maul anyone that can walk down a street?! LOL God damn man.

Uhhh, already answered that one thrice now. They were mauling random white people for the third time. Reddit doesn't have enough dickbeaters to scrub all the vids of these groups doing this to absolutely random white people who weren't involved and had no idea what was happening.

They just happened to be white and in the line of voilence without a clue to what was actually happening.
I need you to show me where I said "mostly white people".

By the way...the confederate flag IS A FLAG THAT REPRESENTS WHITE SUPREMACY. That is LITERALLY what it is. So if a person is waving a sign that literally says "enslave black people" what exactly would I think of them?

Secondly I'm not getting into the racism victim olympics. Wrong is wrong... IDGAF if it's the Klan or some random black dude attacking someone because of their race. All wrong. One doesn't justify the other and you barrelling in here with half facts and hurt feel feels changes nothing.

AND, while we're discussing that..what does ANY of that have to do with Phil Anselmo.

Everyone: Anselmo's racist

You: BUT BLACK PEOPLE!!!

Make it make sense.

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I need you to show me where I said "mostly white people".

By the way...the confederate flag IS A FLAG THAT REPRESENTS WHITE SUPREMACY. That is LITERALLY what it is. So if a person is waving a sign that literally says "enslave black people" what exactly would I think of them?

Secondly I'm not getting into the racism victim olympics. Wrong is wrong... IDGAF if it's the Klan or some random black dude attacking someone because of their race. All wrong. One doesn't justify the other and you barrelling in here with half facts and hurt feel feels changes nothing.

AND, while we're discussing that..what does ANY of that have to do with Phil Anselmo.

Everyone: Anselmo's racist

You: BUT BLACK PEOPLE!!!

Make it make sense.
I already said what made me thing that at the begining already. Don't have to quote what made me read between the lines where you made your example saying that black people don't say racist shit at rap shows when I have been there too and saw otherwise.

Never said anyone with a confederate flag is right or justifying what it means or doesn't mean. I'm saying what you just now said about wrong being wrong. I only said you looked like you were scooting the blame towards one side when it's a grenade that sends shock waves towards everyone, whether they are involved or not.

Funny thing about black people coming at me like a white boy is that I'm Ukrainian and the whole yankee white vs yankee black debate is way before my time and has nothing to do with me yet, I catch some of that racism myself almost regularly. Or albino black people experiencing the same thing but from their own race. Make that make sense.

My point is you defended black people like they cannot be racist yet they will go all out on a group of whites when they have nothing to do with anying out on the street. So whether a black cop was killed doesn't make it convenient to attack others based on that. At the very least the attacks should be targeting the people responsible instead of randoms on the street. You didn't make that part make sense to me either.

What this has to do with Anselmo is he chooses to attach himself to these issues with german greetings of olde and why so many people want to avoid going to his shows. I was just saying it's an issue that involves everyone any nobody is better than someone else but you've already cleared that up with your statement.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I already said what made me thing that at the begining already. Don't have to quote what made me read between the lines where you made your example saying that black people don't say racist shit at rap shows when I have been there too and saw otherwise.

Never said anyone with a confederate flag is right or justifying what it means or doesn't mean. I'm saying what you just now said about wrong being wrong. I only said you looked like you were scooting the blame towards one side when it's a grenade that sends shock waves towards everyone, whether they are involved or not.

Funny thing about black people coming at me like a white boy is that I'm Ukrainian and the whole yankee white vs yankee black debate is way before my time and has nothing to do with me yet, I catch some of that racism myself almost regularly. Or albino black people experiencing the same thing but from their own race. Make that make sense.

My point is you defended black people like they cannot be racist yet they will go all out on a group of whites when they have nothing to do with anying out on the street. So whether a black cop was killed doesn't make it convenient to attack others based on that. At the very least the attacks should be targeting the people responsible instead of randoms on the street. You didn't make that part make sense to me either.
NOWHERE did I say black people couldn't be racist. Literally nowhere.

What I DID say, however, is racism is wrong period. It doesn't matter who does it.

I also asked what the hell ANY of that has to do with Anselmo. The answer is nothing...and since this is a Pantera thread I think the focus should be on Anselmo and his bullshit, not you trying to read things that aren't there to justify you wanting to go on an irrelevant tirade based on your personal feelings regarding black people.

Back to the point. Pantera

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
NOWHERE did I say black people couldn't be racist. Literally nowhere.

What I DID say, however, is racism is wrong period. It doesn't matter who does it.

I also asked what the hell ANY of that has to do with Anselmo. The answer is nothing...and since this is a Pantera thread I think the focus should be on Anselmo and his bullshit, not you trying to read things that aren't there to justify you wanting to go on an irrelevant tirade based on your personal feelings regarding black people.

Back to the point. Pantera
I added to my edit when you replied about how this has anything to do with Anselmo and why these topics follow him around. If he didn't include himself in the topic with hitlers hello then there wouldn't be these topics following him around.

You said that black people never do all that racist shit at shows when I've been there as well but saw something else happening. I've already explained all of this my previous reply though. Agreed, back to Pantera.

Reaction score
I added to my edit when you replied about how this has anything to do with Anselmo and why these topics follow him around. If he didn't include himself in the topic with hitlers hello then there wouldn't be these topics following him around.

You said that black people never do all that racist shit at shows when I've been there as well but saw something else happening. I've already explained all of this my previous reply though. Agreed, back to Pantera.
Never said anything about black people don't do that. I said I've been to shows and know rappers and no one was doing any of what he was saying. Funny how I never specified a race but YOU read "black people". I rest my case.

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Never said anything about black people don't do that. I said I've been to shows and know rappers and no one was doing any of what he was saying. Funny how I never specified a race but YOU read "black people". I rest my case.
Nope, I've specified why I thought that and said you didn't say it directly but that I read between your words. And explained several times why I thought it but you read right over that. I dropped it soon as you cleared up that bad shit is bad shit and it's no justifiable. Which I agreed with. You made it seem like you were justifying it by saying you don't see it within a certain group and only in the people with confederate flags.

Which would be like me saying I saw a shitload of racism around the black panthers but when I moved to Maryland all I saw was cows, so how could moo's be racist? Cause they milk is white? But you overlooked all that and kept asking me to show you where you said black people cant be racist. Added how a black cop was killed which I 'conviniently' left out, trying to paint me racist.

But you conviniently left out how it's okay to attack random white people cause a black cop was killed and where are the asians and white people doing the same when an asian or white cop is killed. But you still haven't made that make sense, cause you never heard the word "cracker" at the last Boosie show you went to. All I was saying is that just cause it's outta sight, don't mean that it's outta mind. Which we agreed to and I agreed to go back to Pantera but you keep going.

I've already agreed with you 2 replied ago. Racism = bad. Everyone to blame, not just certain groups. So why are we still talking about this?

Viginez

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That Festival Cancellation is an interesting case. The pressure came from the local Green Party although the state is ruled by the CSU (Christian Democrats). Allegedly other artists were consulted before making the decision, too.
parties dont matter anymore they are all on the same agenda