It was only a matter of time....Archetype Rabea. Ok then

Legion

Slightly cynical, mostly okay, completely drunk.
Reaction score

Just leaving this here in case anyone was interested.

The focus is SYNTH sounds for some reason :lol:

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Presumably amp 3 would be his super kraken? Very interested in this one; not sure I'll buy it but it's def getting a trial eventually.

Legion

Reaction score
I'm just so fatigued with neural DSP man.

Wish they'd release a master suite and made all the effects in their plugins modular.

Gojira is the only thing in their catalogue that's worth a shit. But even that has no Chorus pedal in the fx loop, it's only pre-distortion.

I'm happy with metallurgy, thank you

akinari

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Archetype: Glenn Fricker
You turn the mids below 11 o'clock and the plugin softlocks your DAW and complains for 15 minutes about the guitar being a midrange instrument

When you activate the tuner it lectures you for 45 minutes about how you're wasting the producers time and should have a guitar that stays in tune

Left clicking and right clicking the mic in the cabinet section unlocks a special easter egg where Glenn has an aneurysm talking about vocalists who cup the mic

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
i bought the petrucci archetype. at fist it was ear candy but then when listening closely the amp distortion sounds like shit. turn of the noise gate and listen.

Matt08642

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
i bought the petrucci archetype. at fist it was ear candy but then when listening closely the amp distortion sounds like shit. turn of the noise gate and listen.

My issue with NDSP has always been the IRs. Either I'm doing something completely wrong, or they're just not good and try making up for it by saying there's "s0o0o0o0o many combinations". All these plugins sound 100x better with a York/OwnHammer IR.

Lemonbaby

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
he's a you tube salesman , aka 'influencer' and friend of mr. chapman, the other youtube influencer

Thanks, noted. Explains why I only found some of his pointless riffing on Youtube called "original songs". Production sounded quite good though.

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
Thanks, noted. Explains why I only found some of his pointless riffing on Youtube called "original songs". Production sounded quite good though.
i don't think he's a bad player, just his fame seems to be mostly youtube related and not from record sales or being a legendary guitarist

Lemonbaby

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
i don't think he's a bad player, just his fame seems to be mostly youtube related and not from record sales or being a legendary guitarist

It's not about his skills, I just think he's marketed way beyond his significance/contribution to the guitar world. That orchestrated campaign across various YT channels is a little ridiculous. Peter Honoré (yeah, I know: who's that again?) also got a little carried away with the title for his ad. "Archetype: Rabea plugin from Neural DSP - Legendary tones from an absolute legend.". Going right for the top-shelf wording, how's he going to call Steve Vai or John Petrucci?

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
It's not about his skills, I just think he's marketed way beyond his significance/contribution to the guitar world. That orchestrated campaign across various YT channels is a little ridiculous. Peter Honoré (yeah, I know: who's that again?) also got a little carried away with the title for his ad. "Archetype: Rabea plugin from Neural DSP - Legendary tones from an absolute legend.". Going right for the top-shelf wording, how's he going to call Steve Vai or John Petrucci?
i guess " making it " in the guitar world in 2022 means being popular as a youtube personality and influencer/ product pitch man.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
This all feels like reiterations of the same stuff... so is it kinda like we are just paying for really expensive presets of the same shit? I guess theres synth stuff in this one which is cool.

Legion

Reaction score
I actually quite like Rabea.
He's one of the few guitar players who has an instantly recognizable style (to my ears anyway).
I'm not going to cast doubt on his skill or ability, and frankly, he is absolutely a giant on the modern guitar scene. Of course there's gonna be heavy marketing involved. We live in a world where you need to AGGRESSIVELY market yourself in order to be able to eat if you're an artist.

That being said, it's Neural DSP I'm tired of.