Is industrial metal still a thing? Lol

Gmork

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Though i dont love a bunch of whats been shown i still find it inspiring!
I use to make tons of music along these lines, maybe it IS time to thrown some new industrial songs out into the world!
I agree that most of it it way too polished and perfect sounding... Kind of the OPPOSITE of industrial imo.

Reaction score
I got to see A&P live at psycho CA, definitely a highlight. I haven't loved everything he's put out but it's undeniably unique and the stuff that hits, hits.
The first single Nihil Strength was cool but the novelty wore off really quick in album form for me. It's just track after track of the same thing and unless you really, really love that sound, it gets tiresome.

Reaction score
I think our genre now pales in comparision in edge factor to other genres, even from other cultures. Not sure if you've been exposed to pop acts outside of NA or Europe, but some of that stuff is so edgy, makes me feel like heavy metal is just weak in effect. That's jsut my unpopular take. The peak was with what Pantera delivered, and right afterwards, the Deftones / Rammestien / Marilyn Manson era... but even if there is industrial music thats there, im sure its there, i still have to hear it.

Front Line Assembly was a great band that was so underrated.

I could conjure up an indian flavored bhangra inspired industrial metal band, with all the indian glamour, sexed up stuff, but with a dark, metal, fusion obviously. Not done yet.

Whereas industrial music, or metal music of today, is just so polished, as if its had its balls cut off, for lack of a better analogy, sitting at home, playing nice tapping glitter reverb stuff blah blah... yuck. That has no attitude. I wonder how industrial metal would revive that being said.

Just thoughts in my head.
I think rock music in general has gotten bland. I've always said the 90s/early 00s was the last era in which rock music was truly dangerous.
It seems rappers have become the new rockstars and are the ones bringing the social panic and danger. Good for them. Someone has to to it. Rock music in general has gotten too safe and polished.

wakjob

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
We can't overlook Godflesh either...

How about old Pitchshifter?

tom schelfaut

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Rammstein tickets for next year in my country sold out in like 2 seconds, 100.000 people, so yes :)

Latest posts