I'm Transgender. Ask me anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The St. Vincent guitar is just based on this dude and I heard or read about it somewhere.

Ei2uiKLVkAAlSfw.jpg
KLAUS NOMI ❤

BornToLooze

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
For anything else, there’s this thing called a guitar strap that can be raised or lowered until comfortable. Anyway, let me be totally wrong - I don’t want to derail the thread.

As a fat dude, man boobs have only ever got into the way with an acoustic. Everything else is a gut problem.

Reaction score
As a fat dude, man boobs have only ever got into the way with an acoustic. Everything else is a gut problem.
My guitar is slung so low I don't have any of those issues. I've often wondered if I'd raise it if I lost weight but it's unlikely. Over the years by guitar has always been low so I doubt not having a gut would fix that

BornToLooze

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My guitar is slung so low I don't have any of those issues. I've often wondered if I'd raise it if I lost weight but it's unlikely. Over the years by guitar has always been low so I doubt not having a gut would fix that

It's like a Roy Clark video I've seen. The back of my guitars don't get along with front of me.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
As a skinny dude with little to no pecs, I can say guitar horns digging into the chest aren't very comfortable for us either, but I also play sitting down with no strap and slouched over the guitar when I'm not paying attention, so I'm definitely part of the problem.

Wait, this isn't the First World Problems thread...

Edika

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My point was only that it’s not designed *for* women, as you claimed. - It’s just a comfortable guitar that someone drew up to resemble Klaus Nomi (as mentioned above). I joked about the Parker Fly because that’s the only guitar design I can think of that interferes with breast tissue. For anything else, there’s this thing called a guitar strap that can be raised or lowered until comfortable. Anyway, let me be totally wrong - I don’t want to derail the thread.

Not want to derail the thread either but it was not my claim. I don't care for the shape and I haven't tried it to see how comfortable it is. I thought she went with that angle on a couple of interviews she did about the guitar but maybe I didn't remember correctly. I'm not a fan of her music, everything drowned in fuzz and I hate fuzz, so I don't really follow whatever she says and does.

And you are correct about the strap placement but what about sitting down and playing? So many times you see female players having their breasts compressed by a guitar while sitting down. It seems rather uncomfortable for them for sure.

To the OP, I can't say I truly comprehend the extent of your whole experience but I do sympathise with your struggle. It is good thing you're doing better and you're in a path that expresses you and makes feel happy.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
As a skinny dude with little to no pecs, I can say guitar horns digging into the chest aren't very comfortable for us either
Now that I think of it - I've been on both sides of that fence, both the manboobs and the skinny sternum and I think the unwanted guitar horns jabbing into a skinny chest is more uncomfortable than any manboob situation.

Big Dumb Bitch

\(✿ ◕‿◕)/
Reaction score
Have you ever masturbated to an Alex Jones video?

Nah.

I hate fuzz

To the OP, I can't say I truly comprehend the extent of your whole experience but I do sympathise with your struggle. It is good thing you're doing better and you're in a path that expresses you and makes feel happy.

I'm not happy anymore because you hate fuzz. :mad:

:p

lewis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Devils advocate question.
If you had been born into one of these tribes that still live completely cut off from modern society even today, in some of the most remote places on the planet - would you still have had this complete desire to change your gender- and done so ? Becoming female.

Or do you think alot of it (the urge to change, the pressure that you feel wrong in your own skin etc), even subconsciously, has been down to modern society potentially altering your viewpoint on your own self?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you had been born into one of these tribes that still live completely cut off from modern society even today, in some of the most remote places on the planet - would you still have had this complete desire to change your gender- and done so ? Becoming female.

Or do you think alot of it (the urge to change, the pressure that you feel wrong in your own skin etc), even subconsciously, has been down to modern society potentially altering your viewpoint on your own self?

Evidence of people being trans and/or various other LGBTQ has been found about as far back as we can go in human history. The notion that it's something recent and attributable to "modern" society is inaccurate.

Big Dumb Bitch

\(✿ ◕‿◕)/
Reaction score

I'd still have the feeling that something was wrong and I'm a woman inside but the outside doesn't match. I'd imagine that I would try to transition the best I could. I also don't like terms like "becoming female" because I've always been a female inside and it's super fucking shitty to feel like a girl your whole life and have everyone invalidate you all day every day because they think you're a guy and they treat you like one.

Modern society hasn't altered my viewpoint on myself. Being trans is something you're born with and it takes some people longer than others to figure it out. I'd known since I was pretty little but kept it hidden because I didn't know how to express myself and I was scared of the consequences. I kept repressing it until I hit a wall and the choices were either accept it and transition or die.

As soon as I started taking estrogen the feeling that something was wrong completely went away and my body finally felt like it was mine. My body and brain finally have the right hormones inside and without them it's honestly impossible for me to be a happy comfortable confident person. I actually look forward to waking up in the morning now.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Evidence of people being trans and/or various other LGBTQ has been found about as far back as we can go in human history. The notion that it's something recent and attributable to "modern" society is inaccurate.
Is that a fair comparison? I've read/heard about third/alternate genders in other cultures, like the "twospririted" etc, but these seem (to me at least) to be pretty distinct from the way we handle gender non-conformity in this culture. I'm not saying I think that someones feelings about themselves would be dramatically different in those other cases, but I'd imagine that the surrounding culture has at least some impact on how people internalize or interpret those feelings. Talking strictly about societal roles - who's to say what someone might feel about their roles if they were in a culture that already defined them entirely different than we do?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is that a fair comparison? I've read/heard about third/alternate genders in other cultures, like the "twospririted" etc, but these seem (to me at least) to be pretty distinct from the way we handle gender non-conformity in this culture. I'm not saying I think that someones feelings about themselves would be dramatically different in those other cases, but I'd imagine that the surrounding culture has at least some impact on how people internalize or interpret those feelings. Talking strictly about societal roles - who's to say what someone might feel about their roles if they were in a culture that already defined them entirely different than we do?

Hard to say.

I was merely responding to the subtext that LGBTQ people are a modern apparition. Which is something I've seen quite often.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
OP (and mods) I don't want to push any boundaries of appropriateness or forum rules but I'm curious as to how HRT has affected or changed the way you get physically intimate with a partner?

(please don't ban me mods I promise this question is with genuine curiosity and good intention!)

Big Dumb Bitch

\(✿ ◕‿◕)/
Reaction score
OP (and mods) I don't want to push any boundaries of appropriateness or forum rules but I'm curious as to how HRT has affected or changed the way you get physically intimate with a partner?

(please don't ban me mods I promise this question is with genuine curiosity and good intention!)

It doesn't offend me at all but it's up to the mods. I can pm you if you would like so the thread stays more work safe cuz there's quite a bit of stuff that will be hard to explain in that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.