Ibby 7 Family Pic

Mboogie7

Lefty's unite!
Reaction score
Hot damn that's a sexy collection. Out of curiosity, do you have one that you gravitate towards the most?

Eric

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hot damn that's a sexy collection. Out of curiosity, do you have one that you gravitate towards the most?
The
Thank you. I usually find myself picking up either the CT top middle or the CST with the gold hardware.

77zark77

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Impressive in both beauty and quality !!! Who made the green(?) swirl UV ?

Eric

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Impressive in both beauty and quality !!! Who made the green(?) swirl UV ?
Thank you. That was a ‘91 UV7BK neck I had ET Guitars make a mahogany UV body for and put an ebony fretboard on about 15 or so years ago. Downside is that the ebony board is literally about twice the thickness of the original rosewood board so I barely ever play it. I am about to sand the swirl off of it, add a maple top, and redo the fretboard to original specs. Fortunately, I’m a little more capable of doing work like that myself than I was back then. Here is another maple top I’m nearly done with.

F9D5CD40-A106-4AA5-867B-D83BA21738DE.jpeg

Last edited:

oracles

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
ET Guitars
Man, that's a name I havent seen or heard in a long time. Is he even around anymore? I remember him not delivering quite a few projects a few years back, I havent seen or heard anything about ET since 2015/2016

77zark77

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@Eric
Can't say about the fretboard thickness, but I l really dig that swirl - maybe reconsidering it with black, white or orange pickups ....

Eric

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@Eric
Can't say about the fretboard thickness, but I l really dig that swirl - maybe reconsidering it with black, white or orange pickups ....
My tastes have definitely changed a little since back then in terms of some colors/finishes but I definitely don’t hate the swirl itself… but even if I preserve the swirl, I would end up having to take down the clear and refinish it. The clear coat was extremely thin when I received the body so I took it to an auto body shop and had them apply a thick automotive clear to it. ~ A decade and a half later, the clear coat in the spots they obviously didn’t prep well (like the carve around the neck plate and the inside of the horns) is separating from the original finish. Either way, it has a lot of potential but it needs a lot of work and I’m tired of not wanting to play it. Last picture shows how many shims I had to put under the nut to compensate for the additional fretboard thickness. I could obviously also make the neck joint route deeper on the body but that solution wouldn’t fix the fact that I don’t like the way the additional fretboard thickness makes the neck feel overall.

B45F8971-FC0C-45C3-B20F-9DCBB2468801.jpeg BE1BEE3B-DA11-4A83-94A3-D14892B7F460.jpeg B9F48530-832F-4F0D-AA5F-81E50BEE74F8.jpeg

DC23

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Came here for the Ibanez 7 pics and sassy comments. Thread did not disappoint in either category. I lol'd at the "I left out the ridiculously amazing mayo" which only reinforces that more amazing guitars lie beyond the blanket.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow that's a collection to be envious of
how long did it take you to find all of these?