Ibby 7 Family Pic

jaxadam

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Blanket store: “What size blanket do you need?”

Eric: “One that’ll hold 12 non-mortal Ibanez 7’s”

Blanket store: “Done. Any particular pattern?”

Eric: “Some super busy Native American shit.”

Blanket store: “You got it. We are the PRS Private Stock of very large super busy blankets.”

Eric

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ever bought like a normal mortal guitar before? :lol:
My first 7 string was a 2003 RG7321 with jagged saddle height adjustments screws sticking up out of the bridge. I remember playing that thing until the top screw had bored a hole in the bottom of my hand that it would bounce around inside whenever I’d play. 🤣

Went to a 7620 from there and got hooked on MIJ Ibbys.

jaxadam

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My first 7 string was a 2003 RG7321 with jagged saddle height adjustments screws sticking up out of the bridge. I remember playing that thing until the top screw had bored a hole in the bottom of my hand that it would bounce around inside whenever I’d play. 🤣

Went to a 7620 from there and got hooked on MIJ Ibbys.

Boy that must be nice. The only three 7’s I’ve ever owned have been two J Customs and a UVMC so I don’t have anywhere to go but down!

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Blanket store: “What size blanket do you need?”

Eric: “One that’ll hold 12 non-mortal Ibanez 7’s”

Blanket store: “Done. Any particular pattern?”

Eric: “Some super busy Native American shit.”

Blanket store: “You got it. We are the PRS Private Stock of very large super busy blankets.”
I hear that the blanket is not only 7 Ibanez 7's wide, but it's also 2077 RG2077XL's long. @Eric couldn't show the RG2077XL in the photo though, since Ibanez made ~500 of those, that guitar is far too pedestrian to bother owning. :lol: JK

Reaction score
... perto de onde a terra acaba e o mar começa...
@Eric Another testament to my opinion that your nick name should be changed to Epic... gorgeous collection there.

Honest questions:
1 - how often do you change your guitars' strings and
2 - how do you choose which guitar to play at any given time, or at least, those with the same purpose / tuning / setup?

I'm kind of struggling in that area now that most of my guitars cover the same job, sometimes I get lost on which to play... and I started to track every string change, I have a .xlsx file where I note every single change I do to them, from strings to pickups or wiring or any other possible mod...

Matt08642

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
*Ahem* FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK you! :lol: That's an incredible collection, dude. Consider me jealous!

Eric

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@Eric Another testament to my opinion that your nick name should be changed to Epic... gorgeous collection there.

Honest questions:
1 - how often do you change your guitars' strings and
2 - how do you choose which guitar to play at any given time, or at least, those with the same purpose / tuning / setup?

I'm kind of struggling in that area now that most of my guitars cover the same job, sometimes I get lost on which to play... and I started to track every string change, I have a .xlsx file where I note every single change I do to them, from strings to pickups or wiring or any other possible mod...
Wait… you play yours?

Matt08642

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I also do this and I've been considering putting at least half my stuff in cases just to preserve string life and cleanliness (crazy amounts of dust in the room). I know which guitars I've been playing most often, so those get string changes more often. The ones I only pick up once in a while I'll go maybe 4-5 months at times without changing strings, and instead I'll just use some GHS Fast Fret and a cloth to wipe the dust off the strings. My strings have luckily never corroded from sweat/oil on my hands, so for me the determining factor is play time.