Ibanez S2120X-AV piezo pickup 2002

Discussion in 'Guitars For Sale / Trade / Wanted' started by Jazzedout, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Jazzedout

Jazzedout SS.org Regular

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Ibanez S2120X-AV (Antique Violin) Piezo pickups 2002 model
    Modifications (if any): DiMarzio PAF 36th Anniversaries in zebra (F-spaced bridge, standard spaced neck) Ibanez SureGrip III amber knobs
    Accessories (hardshell case etc): Original Hardshell case, pickups, knobs and and case candy
    Location (City,State or City,Country): Greece
    International OK? : Yes in the EU
    Contact Info (No Phone #s) PM here
    References (eBay or other forum userid): Same username on sevenstring, Jemsite etc. Ebay id AgisJazz sold a few guitars.
    Price (include currency and if firm/obo): €800
    Pictures: http://s248.photobucket.com/user/Jazzedout/library/Ibanez S2120XAV

For sale my S2120X. A few dings here and there, nothing major. Plays wonderfully, sounds great, full bodied unplugged sound and great sustain. If you haven’t played a Japanese S series guitar you’ll be pleasantly surprised. The guitar is complete with everything it originally came with, including the original Gotoh strap locks!!

The pickups take gain fantastically and sound great clean as well!! The original QM1 and QM2 pickups are included and are of the best one that Ibanez made. I changed them because I believe a PAF style pickup complements the Piezo nicely.

If I am not mistaken the S2120x was only available in 2002. The main difference from the S2020x produced in previous years is the updated piezo system with the concentric bass/treble tone pot.

Will be very well packed, shipping only to the EU (due to CITES) cost is €50. No trades, GAS has already hit me!! If I manage to sell some non guitar related gear first, this one stays with me. :);)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

odibrom likes this.
  2. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

Have you thought about moving to America or China? Because I’d buy this immediately.

3. Jazzedout

Jazzedout SS.org Regular

You are welcome to visit Europe... :cheers:

4. odibrom

odibrom .

Lovely guitar.

I have 2x 7 stringers RGs of this idea, the RG2027XVV and I know their guts inside out. I don't see the push/push piezo output selection switch (which the S2020X has), how do you select which output to use?

My advice is: don't sell and add some Tripleshot pickup rings from Seymour Duncan ...

Zoobiedood and Jazzedout like this.
  5. Jazzedout

Jazzedout SS.org Regular

Thanks! It is indeed a nice guitar!
    On the 2020X and 2027X you have a push button.
    On the 2120X (both RG and S series) you have the small 3 way toggle to switch between piezo/both/magnetic.
    Check out the transparent plastic that explains the controls (sorry it is upside down):
    [​IMG]

6. odibrom

odibrom .

So I assume that the piezo only output when engaged kills the piezo in the mix output? I ask this 'cause on the 2027X the poush button selects the piezo output, when up, piezos go only in the upper jack and mags in the lower jack, when down, piezos and mags go on the lower jack and the upper one is inactive...

7. Jazzedout

Jazzedout SS.org Regular

The switching was one of the main differences between the 2020 and the 2120 models. The 3 way selector works as piezo/both/magnetic regardless if you use a single output or the two separate ones. Hope this makes sense...

odibrom likes this.
  8. Jazzedout

Jazzedout SS.org Regular

Saturday evening piezo bump!

9. Jazzedout

Jazzedout SS.org Regular

Still up for grabs...

10. Jazzedout

Jazzedout SS.org Regular

No piezo love? :cheers:

odibrom likes this.
  11. Jazzedout