Ibanez 2023 Models ! What would you like to see ?

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
If your figured Ibanez has a natural binding, it’s obviously a top. In almost every case, if it has a real binding, it’s a veneer and that’s why they did the binding. Not that it’s a terrible thing, I have several of them. If given the choice, I’d just take the thick top.
Thanks for the advice. It arrived today and I see the flame in the binding. Looks like the RG3120F has the 4mm cap like it’s predecessor, the RG3120

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
On the budget side an HH AZES model and the AZES models to have roasted necks.

Lemonbaby

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
On the budget side an HH AZES model and the AZES models to have roasted necks.

The AZES actually has a really nice maple neck and at that price point, I think it won't change. They need to keep some distance to the more expensive AZ line.

RevDrucifer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I still have the catalogue from 1997 which I used to look at very frequently back in the day. There are some amazing guitars in that.

That was the catalog I stared at, sitting at my kitchen table, for literal hours. Just at the JEM7V. My dad would bust my balls “Andy, it’s not going to just jump off the page the more you stare at it”….

Well, jokes on him because that Summer him and his girlfriend bribed me with that JEM; if I move to Staten Island, I got the JEM. So yeah, staring at that picture long enough willed it into my possession.

Xiphos68

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Prestige RGA with a reverse headstock, no tacky inlays and the burl they're considering for it still on the tree
You know if they would just played their cards right with Broderick in 2009.

They would be a lot richer. That was one of their biggest mistakes was not giving him a sig and losing him as an artist.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
More Lo-Pros, more solid colors, more pickguards, more color matched inlays, more sharkies, more tilt joints, more black hardware always.

I just miss Ibanez being Ibanez.

Where is the goofy new trem every few years? The campy color matched inlays? The weird, "who asked for this?" model that becomes a cult classic?

It feels like they're trying to be ESP or Schecter. Just chasing trends and using whatever hardware everyone else is.

There was always a beauty to having everything in-house and different, even if it wasn't objectively better.

Everyone just makes the same boring ass baked maple, two point, neo-vintage whatever-caster.

Give me stupid, campy, shred sticks with finicky hardware and pickups no one cares about.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You know if they would just played their cards right with Broderick in 2009.

They would be a lot richer. That was one of their biggest mistakes was not giving him a sig and losing him as an artist.

Can this bullshit rumor just die? They gave him not one, but two signature guitars and then he ghosted them weeks before NAMM because Jack$on got their wallet out because they thought they could lure MegaDave back.

Xiphos68

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Can this bullshit rumor just die? They gave him not one, but two signature guitars and then he ghosted them weeks before NAMM because Jack$on got their wallet out because they thought they could lure MegaDave back.
I've never heard that. In fact, this is the first time I've heard or read this.

Count me out of it then. Don't want to spread any false info. Apologies.

EDIT: I can't remember who told me what I know but it wasn't anyone that would have given me any false details.
But I'll just leave it at that.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've never heard that. In fact, this is the first time I've heard or read this.

Count me out of it then. Don't want to spread any false info. Apologies.

No hate dude. I should have put an emoji or something to lighten it up.

It just tends to come up as soon as folks talk about RGAs.

But yeah, fall/winter of 2010/2011 he left Ibanez out in the cold with their dicks in their hands. Most didn't even find out till Jackson announced the CB Soloists in the lead up to NAMM.

It was so last minute that Jackson didn't even print a 2011 catalog for it, it just appeared on the price lists.

Xiphos68

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
No hate dude. I should have put an emoji or something to lighten it up.

It just tends to come up as soon as folks talk about RGAs.

But yeah, fall/winter of 2010/2011 he left Ibanez out in the cold with their dicks in their hands. Most didn't even find out till Jackson announced the CB Soloists in the lead up to NAMM.
Appreciate it!

Haha. There was that one model and that was it in Japan. Can't remember the name? RGA427? I think?

Sad he went to Jackson, even thought that model is sick. His Ibanez just looked way better.