Ibanez 2022 discussion.

What model do you want to see this 2022?

• RGA Prestige

Votes: 103 31.3%
  • RGDR Prestige and Axiom Label

Votes: 53 16.1%
  • New Jake Bowen Signature

Votes: 36 10.9%
  • Tesseract Signature

Votes: 44 13.4%
  • S 7 strings with reverse headstock

Votes: 93 28.3%

• Total voters

Musiscience

Tarnished
Reaction score
Both are permiums, and both have their own Fishman signature pickups. As a non Polyphia fan, but as a fan of the tree of death inaly from the nylon, this definitely peeks my interest. A bit pricey though.

KRYS10.jpg
How much are they? I've been searching Ibanez nose on Sweetwater and it's not returning anything. Thank you.

Xaeldaren

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
How much are they? I've been searching Ibanez nose on Sweetwater and it's not returning anything. Thank you.
Thomann has them for €1,666 for me:

Musiscience

Tarnished
Reaction score
It's on Ibanezrules, Rich was the one that announced them before I posted the pics. $2000 USD for MSRP and $1500 for MAP from Rich.
Not too bad, I’m considering grabbing the gold one at some point. Really liking the gold top, grey/blue metallic back combo.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I keep seeing more and more models have the Nitro Wizard profile, although I've never played one myself, I'm assuming they're Ibanez's answer to the Jackson/ESP typical thin U/round profile?

Neon_Knight_

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I keep seeing more and more models have the Nitro Wizard profile, although I've never played one myself, I'm assuming they're Ibanez's answer to the Jackson/ESP typical thin U/round profile?
I haven't played a Nitro Wizard neck but on paper it's the same specs as the Wizard III profile (slightly thicker & rounder than Wizard) that's found on most Indonesian Ibbys. Perhaps the carve is subtly different though (anyone know?).

Nitro Wizard seems to be reserved for Iron Label / Axion models.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I haven't played a Nitro Wizard neck but on paper it's the same specs as the Wizard III profile (slightly thicker & rounder than Wizard) that's found on most Indonesian Ibbys. Perhaps the carve is subtly different though (anyone know?).

Nitro Wizard seems to be reserved for Iron Label / Axion models.

Yeah, the name to me implies it's a "fast" neck so even with the same specs as the Wiz3, different carve to reduce the 'D' shape people associate with that to be a more rounded profile. Might try and find one this weekend to give it a go as some of the Iron Label's can be found for decent price for a downtuned six machine.

Neon_Knight_

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been covered, but I've only just noticed that the 27-fret JBM has DiMarzio Mirage pickups, not Titans. They're not listed on the DiMarzio website...anyone tried them?

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been covered, but I've only just noticed that the 27-fret JBM has DiMarzio Mirage pickups, not Titans. They're not listed on the DiMarzio website...anyone tried them?
One would assume Jake has elevated to the level in Dimarzio where he gets new pickups with every guitar release.

Neon_Knight_

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
One would assume Jake has elevated to the level in Dimarzio where he gets new pickups with every guitar release.
If that's the case, wouldn't it make sense for DiMarzio / Ibanez to market them? They're not even described on the Ibanez website under "features" for the JBM9999 (whereas Titans are for the JBM10FX).

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If that's the case, wouldn't it make sense for DiMarzio / Ibanez to market them? They're not even described on the Ibanez website under "features" for the JBM9999 (whereas Titans are for the JBM10FX).
Jake has been coy about them so presumably there's an official release coming, but it does seem to be a botched launch so far.

S4M4R1N

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It was interesting to see that Ibanez now offers Fujigen's assymetrical neck (Wizard AS in Ibanez lingo) on their Axe Design Lab RG8870 J.Custom. You can get that awesome neck for 1300 bucks with FGN's Mythic model vs 3300 bucks for that J.Custom. Oddly enough, Ibanez chose not to offer it on any of their 7 string models. If somebody is on the fence because of "Wizard AS" neck on RG8870, then I have it on my FGN Mythic 7 and it is very nice. What FGN Mythic does not have is RG's superb upper fret access, so I bet that playability on that RG8870 is a new level of amazing.