How do you listen to Music?

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Oxygen42, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Oxygen42

Oxygen42 Bedroom Shredder

How do you guys listen to music? Headphones and a dark room, eyes closed? Jamming out in the car? Do you throw the music on while doing something else, like browsing the web? I'm curious to know.

2. InfinityCollision

InfinityCollision SS.org Regular

All of the above. I love listening to music and I'm a busy guy, I'm not picky about how I get my fix. I do like taking some time to *just* listen to music every now and then though.

3. MetalBuddah

MetalBuddah 0000 00 0 0 00 000

Jamming in my car, when I am just hanging out, and then I break out the death metal when I am grinding for resources on mineraft :lol:

4. Basti

Basti not much space to wr

Same, all of the above. If I'm not playing I'm listening to music in whatever way doesn't require me to move too far from where I am :lol:

5. Rev2010

Rev2010 Contributor

:scratch: I think pretty much everyone here has listened to music in a ton of different ways. There's no "single" way anyone listens to music. You put your headphones on, listen to it in a car, listen to it as part of movie soundtracks, sometimes in the dark lying down to something soothing (worked great when I used to have a lot of migraines), etc.

Rev.

6. 8last

8last Well-Known Member

Driving, doing paintings or jogging mostly. And I piss people off at work with it too

7. maruzen

maruzen SS.org Regular

very intently :)

I devote 30-40 minutes of my spare time listening to music that I like. that's technically me staring into the giant maximized foobar window while the music is playing via the headphones. I find it an intense experience :)

when I do this while surfing or reading, I find that I can't focus on the music. so I don't do these things together as much as possible.

8. irondavidson

irondavidson SS.org Regular

Depends on if the music/artist is new for me, or something that really like and listen to it now and then..

If it´s new, i take my time and give all attention to it (mostly headphones on, or from radio/CD player in car). If it´s something that i just need to listen for my well being, cos i love it, that happens usually loud and with beer in my hand.. :)

9. m3l-mrq3z

m3l-mrq3z Banned

^what he said. Although...due to my tinnitus I avoid listening to music on headphones as often as I can. Specially outdoors, because of volume compensation, etc...you get the idea.

On a side note...has anyone noticed that when you're very drunk, the tempo of music seems to increase? :D

10. profane

profane ILoveUPavBhaaji

browsing web mahn!!!....epic time checking facebook updates and trolls!!

11. ToMurderAMachine

ToMurderAMachine SS.org Regular

Brew some tea, Get some fine black leaf egyptian tobacco toasting in my hookah, light some incense, get a blanket, turn only the dim lights on (lava lamps and such) and just relax while listening. Allows my mind to analyze the music better. I'm one of those listeners who wants to hear EVERY little detail of whatever I'm listening to, and do my best to understand why the artist wrote the song in that particular way. Helps me appreciate it the way its meant to be appreciated.

12. fps

fps Kit

CD Walkman with headphones, proper ones not those ear bud things, mainly. I am so 1999.

13. teamSKDM

teamSKDM SS.org Regular

with an erection.

Rick likes this.
  14. ArtDecade

ArtDecade John Bohlinger's Dank Stash

:ugh:

15. thraxil

thraxil cylon

Music constantly playing in my studio headphones all day at the office while I work. Then I switch to Etymotic MC5 earphones and ipod (well, Android phone, now) when I head to the subway. Then when I'm working on the computer at home or drawing, I will usually have music playing playing through a pair of low-end studio monitors. So, music going into my ears nearly every waking minute of the day if I can with some interruptions for meetings and netflix.

Sadly, I rarely get a chance to do nothing but listen to music. The closest I usually get to that is if I'm on the subway and it's too packed for me to read.

16. jeleopard

jeleopard SS.org Regular

Carefully.

17. JLP2005

JLP2005 Chief Knuckledragger

My entire work day, aside from my actual duties, usually revolves around me either hunting through Spotify on 'similar artists', or going to obscure metal review websites and looking at top-tier stuff. Occasionally I'll wade through the dregs because any opinions out there are sometimes shit and their music is really fucking good.

It's how I found about 95% of the music I listen to every day, but I have hi-fi headphones at every installation of my life-- work, home-- even a solo earbud exclusively for cycling.

And lots of weed.

18. Blasphemer

Blasphemer Bird Law expert

Pretty much all day in any way I can.

19. Nevertaken

Nevertaken SS.org Regular

I browse SS.org and Youtube during work whenever possible to try to discover new music, and am often listening to music through most of my work day. Then in the car on the way home, and in my bedroom when I get home. It's still never enough.

20. Captain_Awesome

Captain_Awesome Cloudwalker

Although I'll passively listen to music when I'm on the train, I actively listen in bed every night breaking apart everything I'm hearing; really gives you a new perspective to songs you're already familiar with.