High freq beep noise with one knob on amp plugin

Notion

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a problem with the Archetype: Abasi tool. At around second 10 (see video) I hear a loud high frequency beep when trying to create my clean sound. I tried various things, but nothing seem to help! :(

Could someone have a look or has some tips? Thanks!

Sylim

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
my first guess is it´s aliasing. have you tried oversampling? then again that sound is so hi in frequency, a simple lpf will kill it.

4Eyes

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
what's your setup? computer, audio interface, pickups?... can be number of things.. does this noise increase or decrease when you move around with your guitar? it may be possible that pickups are picking some interference from some source - switching power supplies in LCD screens, or for laptops, some light or any other device close to you... ... another case may be same source (poor switching power supply): laptop + usb powered audio interface and poor USB cable, noise from power supply transmits over USB bus to your audio (but that's just wild guess).

try to eliminate as many electronic devices close to you as possible, try to move away from your computer screen, use low pass filter after your cab simulation, most guitar speakers have natural roll off after 6-6.5khz, you don't really need any information for guitar in the higher frequency spectrum + that would eliminate your problem, because based on spectrum analyzer this noise is happening at around 8k