Help me to choose a guitar case for my tele..

Patric Byrne

guitarfreak
Reaction score
Just a month ago, I and my friend bought two gig bags from a local store. I Don't want to mention the brand name here but the problem is their zipper gets stuck and the store won't replace them! So, I have to sell them but first I need some suggestions for my Telecaster. I'm on a budget and need the best suggestion from brands like gator or fender if there is one. A universal guitar case would be great too. Thanks!

Rob Dial

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't know why use a gig bag in the first place! I have used gig bags before but if they are not worthy which means a valuable amount of money they won't provide much protection. I will suggest you go for a fender case, I know you are on a budget but you should protect your precious guitar with minimum protection. I received this suggestion a few days back from a close friend of mine.. you should go through this too.. peace!

Last edited:

jaguar78

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A gator heavy duty gig bag, if the original case is AWOL

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
OP has prob already bought whatever case but if not or for anyone else considering buying a Fender case... some models are complete shit. The one pictured below is made in Vietnam. If buying online, look for manufacturing country of origin. In person, the 'made in Vietnam' tag is inside one of the case's storage compartments. My particular Fender case has been inside a completely temp/ humidity controlled environment it's whole life yet you can clearly see how the materials are separating and that the stitching is only decorative... in no way actually functional. I'm sure that Fender has some great quality cases out there ( like the Classic Tweed or G&G Deluxe) but the G&G Standard HSC's are garbage.

Jeffrey Bain

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
OP another great option for guitars are: rifle cases. Pelican is the top of the heap when it comes to that stuff but other manufacturers make serviceable options.