Hantug Headless bridge comparison

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Red1111, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Red1111

Red1111 Member

I’m currently on my second 7 string build and first headless project. I just purchased a set of Hantug headless bridges made in Turkey. (They seam like a reputable Fab shop, producing titanium bridges, saddles,etc) my question is, does anyone have any experience with these single headless Hantug bridges or the company itself?

Also, if so, how do they compare to ABM,Mera, or T4M. (I was seconds away from purchashing the T4M)

FYI , this is my first time ever joining, as well as posting in a forum. So if I did anything wrong...oops

2. cip 123

cip 123 SS.org Regular

Welcome to the forum!

I can't speak for Hantug first hand, I have emailed them and they seem informed and helpful, willing to help you find the right parts. Their products look high quality and I think they take pride in their work, and the types of metals they use. I asked if they did a cheaper metal and they replied saying they only use high quality titanium.

Mera however I can speak for. I have a set of 8 saddles, Dmitry, that runs it again seems very interested in making sure you get the right product. We went back and forth on which bridge was suitable and he even offered advice on my build. It took a while to receive the bridge however it is very high quality.

LeviathanKiller and Red1111 like this.
  3. Red1111

Red1111 Member

Awesome, yea Mera was quick to reply and very helpful. In the end I went with Hantug because they were the best price besides a china knock off. On sale for $208 including the nuts/string retainers which normally would be an extra 100 bucks alone. I figured for a guy that can fab titanium FRbridges, aluminum single tuners should be easy..
    I’m by no means a cheap parts guy. My last/fist build was a 28” 7with evertune, Bareknuckle Jugs, Hipshot locking tuners, luminlays, and so on. But I guess with my lack of knowledge for headless guitars, I didn’t want to start a build 400+ in the hole.
    Thanks for the input, I appreciate the reply.

4. Red1111

Red1111 Member

Also, Maybe it’s a new product because I couldn’t find any reviews online, but they are now making aluminum/brass bridges. I’d post the link but since I’m a new member it won’t let me.

5. trem licking

trem licking SS.org Regular

a forum member here bought the 8 string edge trem from them... i believe they designed it upon his request, actually. he posted pictures of it and it looked amazing, and he spoke highly of their customer service if i remember correctly. i will try to find the post it was in, but hopefully he sees this and chimes in

EDIT: here is the post i was referring to. not the headless bridge you were specifically asking about, but this should tell you about the company in general
    http://www.sevenstring.org/threads/floyd-rose-8-pro.330241/page-3

Red1111 likes this.
  6. Red1111

Red1111 Member

Nice! Yea I’m feeling much better about my decision after hearing some great reviews of the company. I’ll post some pics when I get them in and as the build progresses.

Also is there a builder specific forum here for headless projects? Just finding random stuff through the search option.

trem licking likes this.
  7. Lozek

Lozek Desk Magnetic Contributor

Recently bought a Ti Floyd Rose block from them, didn't really have any interaction but it came quickly and is an absolutely killer piece of engineering. I'd have no second thoughts on buying more stuff from them.

Red1111 likes this.
  8. Solodini

Solodini MORE RESTS!

http://sevenstring.org/forums/luthiery-modifications-customizations.81/ Here's the build forum.

Red1111 likes this.
  9. Red1111

Red1111 Member