Guitar Learning Methods For Aspiring Beginner Guitarists

Discussion in 'Guitar Reviews' started by Jays Octave, May 10, 2019.

1. Jays Octave

Jays Octave Member

Hay Experts,

I am passionalte about to teach Guitar. So many learning methods following to teach students. But I am looking for some new strategies to teach easily for beginners.

2. DudeManBrother

DudeManBrother Hey...how did everybody get in my room?

I guess it depends on the type of teacher you want to be. Some teach music and guitar together (preferred) and some show a student tablature to their favorite songs, according to their skill level.

If I were to begin teaching legitimately: I’d probably implement sheet music reading from day 1. I’d start a new student off with simple single note lines they can read from the sheet, while I accompany their line to fill in the sound. I’d try to pick songs most would be familiar with. I’d increase difficulty as they progress. In the end the goal would be the ability to sight read; and a strong comprehension of theory, for those few that would stick with it long term.

3. Lemonbaby

Lemonbaby SS.org Regular

Why should sight reading make guitar lessons any more "legitimate"? If the student doesn't need that, it's a waste of time...