Greetings from Finland!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Tatu Aleksi, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Tatu Aleksi

Tatu Aleksi Member

Hello! I'm Tatu Kauppinen, 25, from Jyväskylä, Finland. I'm new to the forum as a member, but have been reading some gear reviews from here. I've just started an instrumental prog metal/djent solo project as Tatu Aleksi, and I'm here to both promote my music and also to create network around like-minded musicians for possible guest solos etc :)

I tend to like progressive music, everything from jazzy stuff (Snarky Puppy + associated acts etc) to rock (Pink Floyd, Steven Wilson) to metal (Periphery, Tesseract, David Maxim Micic...). I think I'm pretty open minded to most kinds of music but it has to be well produced to make an impression to me.

I play 6- and 7-string guitars, 5-string bass and I have two acoustic guitars. Some of my personal preferences are BKP pickups (Juggernaut & Black Hawk), Martin acoustic guitars and I also really like the sound of single coils (or split coils on my BKP humbuckers) as a part of high gain playing.

There's something about me, let's share some thoughts on the forum :) Anybody else with unusual interests like djenting with single coils?

-Tatu

2. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

Welcome! I saw you shared this on facebook, maybe on muusikoiden.net group, good stuff.

Tatu Aleksi likes this.
  3. Kaura

Kaura Squier 4 lyfe

Hell yeah, dude! I just got some Dimarzios installed on my Fender Mustang (see avatar) a couple of weeks ago and it's a total djent machine now.

And of course, tervetulloo! :D

Tatu Aleksi likes this.
  4. Tatu Aleksi

Tatu Aleksi Member

Never tried a djenty mustang in my life, but sounds cool! The clean sound in those is usually pretty nice :)

5. Dawn of the Shred

Dawn of the Shred Scoop the Mids and Chug

Welcome to the forum