Global agenda(s) from elitists shaping world events

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by MetalHex, May 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schmeer

Schmeer Riff .....istrator

Well, regarding that expression.. :p

bostjan and TedEH like this.
  2. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Oh jesus. :lol:

One, no, that's NOT a roundabout way of saying "I trolled, so what." It's a roundabout way of saying 1) you didn't understand what I was talking about, and 2) decided to take a sidebar conversation I was having with someone else as trolling. Considering I wasn't even addressing you, how is that trolling?

Two, the main reason for the "oh jesus" is if pastafarianism and the Flying Spaghetti Monster are so unfamiliar to you that you literally didn't even recognize the pirates vs global temperatures chart, then I don't really know what to tell you. Read this:

https://www.venganza.org/about/open-letter/

I have no idea how this is new to you, this is internet comic gold. Have we really reached a point where kids today have never heard of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, changing data with His Noodley Appendage?

Again, I shared what I understood to be a damned-near universally recognized example of spurious correlation, with the implicit point being that, as I described in the post above it you instead ignored, a lot of what you were talking about WAS spurious correlation. The fish thing, pagan and christian holidays, lambs... all of that, your argument is based on correspondences that are literally correlated, but have no actual causal correlation, or rather do but do not have the causal correlation YOU claim they do.

Hell, even right now, you accuse me of trolling, I explain how and why I'm not, and direct you to one of the more substantial posts I made that needs to be taken in line with the chart, and your reply is "that's just a long winded way of saying I trolled but so what?" You're still doing it, rather than trying to have a substantial conversation or addressing any of the actual points others are raising here.

Meanwhile, I'd go back and read this post, because this is the crux of why you're getting a negative reaction to this post, and you decided to ignore it and continue to try to accuse me of trolling you.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    AxeHappy, JSanta, narad and 5 others like this.
  3. Lemonbaby

Lemonbaby SS.org Regular

4. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Please tell me this isn't new to you too. :lol:

5. Lemonbaby

Lemonbaby SS.org Regular

Never seen that before. Here in Germany, we have similar legendary internet conspiracy jokes like the "Bielefeld Theory" or "Dihydrogen-Monoxyde"...

6. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

I mean, I guess if you're from Germany, you wouldn't have much reason to know anything about an open letter to a US state board of education after they moved to be "more inclusive" and include "intelligent design" in their curriculums, lol.

Dihydrogen Monoxide is responsible for tens of thousands of deaths worldwide. It's no laughing matter. :noway:

7. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

They don't even teach children about Djod in schools anymore. It's a sad state of affairs indeed.

8. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

I've heard that they find traces of it every single time they do an autopsy on a dead child that's consumed Mott's applesauce, and it's used as coolant in nuclear power plants!

KnightBrolaire likes this.
  9. zappatton2

zappatton2 SS.org Regular

Honestly, I think this is one of those "don't attribute to malice things." I mostly sit on the sidelines for these debates, but I enjoy many of the points and links being posted, and I share your frustration at what seems like utter intransigence. But I honestly don't think some posters here understand the points you and others have been making. I don't think I'm terribly intelligent by any means, but as an enthusiast of the natural sciences, I am a strong booster for the scientific method and critical thinking as the best means by far of cutting through the BS and best refining our collective knowledge as a species.

That said, I really do think there is not nearly enough emphasis on proper, scientific critical thinking skills in the North American school systems. Critical thinking is not a natural way for people to think, it is a learned and developed skill that usually goes against the grain of more self-validating thought processes. Conspiracy theories have a romantic element; they are simply more fun to believe because they always promise juicy reveals and a grandiose vision of reality. But unless you've really got a grasp of what it means to examine ideas from a critical place and weigh the value of your sources, then all sources are equal, and the ones that verify your conceptions are of equal value to the weight of volumes of collective evidence to the contrary. I truly don't think anyone is trolling, I just don't think those who don't truly grasp the points you're making are capable of properly countering them.

I know that makes me sound like an elitist A-hole, fine, but I try debating my parents on this stuff all the time (who for the record are much more knowledgeable than me on a great many things), but they don't really "get" the critical thought perspective, they are much more likely to ground things in moral certainties born of religion, conspiracy and elaborate but personally validating narratives. And I would argue that is the more common and natural way for humans to think. It's why I genuinely worry about the rise of populism in all its forms. Unless we start boosting the scientific method as a critical educational tool, especially in the era of social media and the glut of misleading online information, I fear genuine civilizational backslide (within getting too dramatic, lol).

10. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

The other great thing about conspiracy theories is that believing in them inherently makes you think you're smarter than everyone else, which is appealing to dumb people who can't admit they're wrong.

11. MetalHex

MetalHex SS.org Regular

Heres a video thats basically the video form of one of the sites I posted. It breaks down the Royal Ceremony of the Queens Coronation, and goes to show how it is absolutely riddled in masonic symbols and rituals. Symbols and rituals that orginated in Ancient Egypt and Ancient Ireland. Symbols such as Egyptian lions being used to represent the constellation Leo, (not because there may have been lions there before an ice age). This isnt to prove any sort of conspiracy but, it is clearly evident, that there is a seemingly, 1:1 correlation between (Irish/Egyptian) free masonry, and British Royalty.

The purpose of this video is just to show similarities, and that it does extremely well.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    BlackSG91 and c7spheres like this.
  12. MetalHex

MetalHex SS.org Regular

"The Christian church is an encyclopaedia of prehistoric cults and conceptions of the most diverse origin, and that is why it is so capable of proselytizing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

13. narad

narad SS.org Regular

It's pretty cute. "What if all the smart people weren't really smart! And we, the people who failed out of everything and get our information from youtube videos, we are actually the smartest! The truly discerning!"

It reminds me of the Christian camel/eye-of-the-needle type stuff. Should I resent the rich people? No, we the poor people are the ones who are truly rich!

AxeHappy and StevenC like this.
  14. possumkiller

possumkiller SS.org Regular

That's what they want you to think...

BlackSG91 likes this.
  15. MetalHex

MetalHex SS.org Regular

Yeah, a correlation showing one group borrowed a motif from another. That does NOT equal a proof of conspiracy, and I never claimed it did. But of course YOU didn't read the rest of my above post where I said I was laying the background for what was my conspiracy theory yet to come, which I haven't gotten that far.

PunkBillCarson likes this.
  16. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I'm not sure you picked up on the "spurious" part of "spurious correlation".

Backing up a couple of steps, it's pretty well known that a lot of things that are now thought of as "Christian" are borrowed from what came before it. Even I know that, and I'm pretty dumb when it comes to history and religion. Borrowed symbolism doesn't prove anything about supposed solar cults secretly running the world somehow.

I'm still waiting to hear whatever this is leading up to. Maybe a better approach would be to start with the big conspiracy theory then work your way back as a way to try to address the inevitable criticism that will come with it. Otherwise, I'm not sure you're going to convince anyone of the lead up enough to actually make it to the big theory.

17. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

He's not saying it proves anything, he's saying there's a correlation between the symbolism and the stuff he's made up.

18. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Then why bring it up at all? Basically this conversation has gone:

- Guys, a shadowy cult is running the world!
    - Can you prove it?
    - Here's some symbolism nonsense!
    - Arguing over definitions?
    - What do those symbols have to do with anything?
    - Oh nothing, just cool that symbols have been shared in some places.
    - .......?

I mean, we're discussing inherited symbolism in a conspiracy theory thread. It's not part of the conversation just because people think it's cool, otherwise why are we talking about it - it's pretty heavily implied that this is leading to a "see! The symbols were there all along!" moment proving that the truth has been in front of us the whole time, or something.

JoshuaVonFlash and StevenC like this.
  19. MetalHex

MetalHex SS.org Regular

Because its supposed to be a discussion. How can anyone prove something over the computer?? Why do you keep posting here?

Why dont you go over to the bigfoot conspiracy thread and ask the person who started it, "why"?

Can anyone on this forum prove that Trump colluded with Russia? "No but heres some links saying that he said she said, we're hot on his trail now"!

It's obvious that mind control is the name of the game....that should go without saying. What is the absolute endgame? Idk. I Judeo-Christianity is coming to an end...a new paradigm shift is coming. And it will be replaced with some universal church religion. Thats why the catholic church seems to be "modernizing",....(more open and leniant towards homosexuality and islam it seems)

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  20. Randy

Randy Sous Chef Super Moderator

Locking this down because I think the thread has run it's course. OP makes some very broad and dubious claims but the discussion could've still been handled in a more civil way. As it stands, the whole thread is one guy vs the entire rest of the forum and there's really no way of correcting that dynamic, so it's lock time.

Drew, PunkBillCarson, JSanta and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.