Gibson Kirk Hammett Greeny

neptoess

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Honestly, the only Gary Moore stuff I was exposed to when I was younger were his blues records. I took a quick listen to Victims of the Future, and it's not something I'd listen to. But his blues stuff? It doesn't matter how many times I hear him play Parisienne Walkways, it still hits me square in the chest.
Yeah the bluesy stuff is great (I'm more about Back on the Streets than Still Got the Blues myself), and it's clearly what people remember him most fondly for. I just have a loose screw upstairs that makes me think of the chorus to Victims of the Future any time I hear Gary Moore's name lol

BenjaminW

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’m subbed to his channel, but the dude can definitely get annoying. I’ve noticed the videos getting clickbaity-er as time goes on. I still really like when he buys something old and cool for his own collection, takes it apart, and documents it though
I went through the comment section of Trogly's video and kept seeing comments about Trogly not being able to review this guitar because Gibson is allegedly selling this guitar for $50k when in reality it's just as expensive as any other Gibson Custom Shop model.

I'm not gonna lie, they're not wrong because aside from the fact that it's a '59 Les Paul with a storied history, I really don't get why it's at the price point it is.

neptoess

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I went through the comment section of Trogly's video and kept seeing comments about Trogly not being able to review this guitar because Gibson is allegedly selling this guitar for $50k when in reality it's just as expensive as any other Gibson Custom Shop model.

I'm not gonna lie, they're not wrong because aside from the fact that it's a '59 Les Paul with a storied history, I really don't get why it's at the price point it is.
Which guitar’s price point? The real Greenie, or these recreation Gibsons?

The real one is a 59, which means it’s already worth new Ferrari money even with no history attached to it. So you get into unfathomable sums very quickly if it’s a famous 59.

The recreations are priced that high because of all the goofy stuff you get when you buy the guitar (a night with Kirk lol), plus the fact that the guitar itself would probably be at least $15k (Brazilian board, Tom Murphy aging it to look just like Greeny, custom pickups, etc.). Similar pricing tomfoolery happens on the Hendrix Vs and SGs.

BenjaminW

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Which guitar’s price point? The real Greenie, or these recreation Gibsons?

The real one is a 59, which means it’s already worth new Ferrari money even with no history attached to it. So you get into unfathomable sums very quickly if it’s a famous 59.

The recreations are priced that high because of all the goofy stuff you get when you buy the guitar (a night with Kirk lol), plus the fact that the guitar itself would probably be at least $15k (Brazilian board, Tom Murphy aging it to look just like Greeny, custom pickups, etc.). Similar pricing tomfoolery happens on the Hendrix Vs and SGs.
I was talking about the recreation. I totally get why the real Greeny is as expensive as it is.