Gibson Kirk Hammett Greeny

neptoess

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hating Trogly is like hating a a puppy that potty trained itself….how does one do that?
I’m subbed to his channel, but the dude can definitely get annoying. I’ve noticed the videos getting clickbaity-er as time goes on. I still really like when he buys something old and cool for his own collection, takes it apart, and documents it though

Matt08642

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’m subbed to his channel, but the dude can definitely get annoying. I’ve noticed the videos getting clickbaity-er as time goes on. I still really like when he buys something old and cool for his own collection, takes it apart, and documents it though

The only thing I really dislike is how he says button or metal. But-ton. Met-tal. Looks like we have some met-tal strap but-tons.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
LOL, as if I would know who the fuck this Trogly clown is or why he was banned from getting one of these Gibsons

neptoess

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
LOL, as if I would know who the fuck this Trogly clown is or why he was banned from getting one of these Gibsons
He’s an “influencer”. The kids love influencers

Marked Man

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I could see 50k+ for the actual guitar, but not this. :coffee:

Apparently Kirk paid $2 Million for Greenie in 2014 when Gary Moore was facing hard financial times and needed a bail out. :frantic:

I'm sure he'd want at least double that in 2022 dollars. Imagine, $2 Million to play the most derivative Wah Wanking imaginable, even though he was an excellent guitarist in the '80s before he began to go backwards.

JSanta

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Apparently Kirk paid $2 Million for Greenie in 2014 when Gary Moore was facing hard financial times and needed a bail out. :frantic:

I'm sure he'd want at least double that in 2022 dollars. Imagine, $2 Million to play the most derivative Wah Wanking imaginable, even though he was an excellent guitarist in the '80s before he began to go backwards.

...Except Gary died in 2011. It was sold to guitar dealer Phil Winfield in 2006 (but to be fair, was due to financial hardship).

Marked Man

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
...Except Gary died in 2011. It was sold to Melyvn Franks well before his death.

I thought he was still around. I looked it up, and Gary got up to $1.2 Million max in 2006. But at least Gary played the Hell out of that guitar....

I've never been fabulously wealthy enough to spend such an absurd amount on a slab of wood, but I still have to think I wouldn't be likely to do it even if it was as easy as sneezing. I'm just not in the Celebrity Worship Kult.

JSanta

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I thought he was still around. I looked it up, and Gary got up to $1.2 Million max in 2006. But Gary played the Hell out of that guitar....

I updated my text to reflect that it was sold to Phil Winfield in 2006, but yeah he did play the hell out of the guitar. 99% of my early guitar memories was listening to Gary.

neptoess

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I updated my text to reflect that it was sold to Phil Winfield in 2006, but yeah he did play the hell out of the guitar. 99% of my early guitar memories was listening to Gary.
How do you feel about Victims of the Future? For some reason, when I think Gary Moore, that's the first thing that pops in my head.

I thought he was still around. I looked it up, and Gary got up to $1.2 Million max in 2006. But at least Gary played the Hell out of that guitar....

I've never been fabulously wealthy enough to spend such an absurd amount on a slab of wood, but I still have to think I wouldn't be likely to do it even if it was as easy as sneezing. I'm just not in the Celebrity Worship Kult.
You aren't now, but you'd be surprised how easy it is to spend expendable income once you have it. If you told 15 year old me that I'd get on a Neil Young kick as an adult and go drop $2k on a Victoria, I'd think you were insane. If you have private jet money (and, to be clear, I certainly don't), buying a $1M guitar, that's excellent in its own right, but also has a seriously admirable history, probably feels like buying an old knife at a garage sale for most of us.

That guitar's musical fortune really went down on the last purchase..... :ugh:
Ah right. If it only it want to a more famous guitar player. Imagine how much more it would be worth if Post Malone got his hands on it

JSanta

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Victims of the Future
Honestly, the only Gary Moore stuff I was exposed to when I was younger were his blues records. I took a quick listen to Victims of the Future, and it's not something I'd listen to. But his blues stuff? It doesn't matter how many times I hear him play Parisienne Walkways, it still hits me square in the chest.

Reactions: MFB