Gibson Kirk Hammett Greeny

ExplorerMike

60% of the time...it works every time.
Reaction score
Anybody see this yet?

Wonder what the price tag will be on this. Sounds like this will be like his ESP Relic guitars where it’s an “exact copy” down to all the little knicks and scratches.

Pretty cool but I was kinda hoping for his V.

Last edited:

AMOS

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Why's it called Greeny? Looks like a Lemon unburst

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Peter Green, Gary Moore, now Kirk Hammett.
Apparently the tone didn't survive the headstock break, at least according to Moore before he died.

It's funny that we spent all the time in the Jackson American Series thread arguing about a $2600 guitar being a luxury buy, and now THIS comes along. Probably $50K for a fake-beat-up Les Paul.

tedtan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah, I was going to say at least $10 to $15K before I saw the Brazilian rosewood spec. With Brazilian, bare minimum of $25K and I wouldn’t be surprised to see it priced at the $50K reported.

FitRocker33

My tone is tighter than my hamstrings
Reaction score
If this isn’t evidence that the original Metallica fans are now the older aged “tan pants crowd” I don’t know what is…hard pass
Now if ESP somehow made a hetfield “eet fuk” or “fuk em up” reissue explorer with the proper body and headstock I’d be intrigued

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I believe it's the model he got from Peter Green, who got it from either Jimmy Page or Gary Moore? One of the big names either way.
Started off with Peter Green, then it found it's way to Gary Moore in the '70s after he sold it, and then years later Moore sold it in the mid 2000s. Kirk bought it 10 years later after it went through a couple of other collectors IIRC.

FWIW, this'll appeal to more than Metallica fans. You're gonna have Peter Green, Fleetwood Mac, and Gary Moore fans who are gonna wanna check this out as well.

I remember some people joking (or being half serious? :lol: ) that the sole reason Gibson signed Kirk was so they can get a hold of Greeny. :lol:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Peter Green, Gary Moore, now Kirk Hammett.

Started off with Peter Green, then it found it's way to Gary Moore in the '70s after he sold it, and then years later Moore sold it in the mid 2000s. Kirk bought it 10 years later after it went through a couple of other collectors IIRC.

Whoops, so close, but not bad for a guitar that I really have no interest in :lol:

Dooky

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Read from an ultra reliable source that price will very likely be around $50,000...

ExplorerMike

60% of the time...it works every time.
Reaction score

FWIW, this'll appeal to more than Metallica fans. You're gonna have Peter Green, Fleetwood Mac, and Gary Moore fans who are gonna wanna check this out as well.

I remember some people joking (or being half serious? :lol: ) that the sole reason Gibson signed Kirk was so they can get a hold of Greeny. :lol:

I was thinking this same thing. Thought the Gibson thing with Kirk was sort of random, but as soon as I saw this it was like “ahh yeah that’s what they did”. Probably true. And if this does end up being near $50k that’ll be absolutely insane, but par for the course for Gibson it seems.

cardinal

F# Dive Bomber
Reaction score
They already did a reissue of this in the guise of a Gary Moore replica/collectors choice guitar years ago.

It's fine; whatever. People will buy them.