Gibson Adam Jones Les Paul Standard

thacZERO

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What is the deal with the DC pickup? Is it supposed to be Gibson's take on a DDJ?
Yes I believe that's the case. I imagine either they decided to save $$$ or maybe they were worried they couldn't get enough stock from SD?

STR - I look at it as this, it's called antique silverburst which I view now as it's own color!

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
Did someone named James Curleigh touch you inappropriately when you were a child? Btw your cars clearcoat and paint will change over time whether it was parked in the sun for 30 years or a smoke filled bar for 30 years.

If I'm gonna rant against how someone spends their money I'll target those who pay thousands to stay in a star wars themed hotel vs buying a Gibson. Simple fact is, if someone buys it, it aint overpriced

Reaction score
Yes I believe that's the case. I imagine either they decided to save $$$ or maybe they were worried they couldn't get enough stock from SD?

STR - I look at it as this, it's called antique silverburst which I view now as it's own color!
The shit ain't silverburst. It's green. The damn guitar shouldn't turn green in the first place if it's supposed to be silver. They need to fix that shit. Don't sell me a black guitar and tell me it's "Fire scorched White"

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
It's not a Gibson thing...its a fact of clearcoat thing. When clearcoat ages and turns yellow it alters how we see the color underneath. Thats why you see so many Lake placid blue strats that look more greenish as they age. If you strip the clearcoat off a greenish Gibson LP you will see bright silver and black underneath

Reaction score
It's not a Gibson thing...its a fact of clearcoat thing. When clearcoat ages and turns yellow it alters how we see the color underneath. Thats why you see so many Lake placid blue strats that look more greenish as they age. If you strip the clearcoat off a greenish Gibson LP you will see bright silver and black underneath
Well aware. Nitro does that. It's dumb.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
But then why get mad at Gibson about it? Also, and this gets back to the whole "I hate relic" thing. Some people enjoy antique, weathered things, even non-guitar related and that's their choice. You can go into furniture stores and buy brand new furniture that is supposed to looks like it was rescued from a French Revolution era barn because we enjoy flawed things. It's ok for people to like it and pay a premium for it....

1652998304549.png

Reaction score
But then why get mad at Gibson about it? Also, and this gets back to the whole "I hate relic" thing. Some people enjoy antique, weathered things, even non-guitar related and that's their choice. You can go into furniture stores and buy brand new furniture that is supposed to looks like it was rescued from a French Revolution era barn because we enjoy flawed things. It's ok for people to like it and pay a premium for it....

View attachment 107988
I didn't say people couldn't. I said it's fucking stupid.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
I didn't say people couldn't. I said it's fucking stupid.
Actually the fucking stupid part is liking Tool in the first place. But after that to each his own as far as decisions made with regards to poor musical taste. I'm a live and let live type of fella

Reaction score
Actually the fucking stupid part is liking Tool in the first place. But after that to each his own as far as decisions made with regards to poor musical taste. I'm a live and let live type of fella
Damn...why you gotta come for Tool like that? (I mean..you ain't wrong...)

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
I'm kidding. I like Tool's old stuff but I think they're over rated. Also since I'm a Slayer fan I'm always on the well deserved receiving end of scorn in musical taste so it felt good to dish just for once in my life.

Buffnuggler

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Oh..and I'mma say this. Aged green siverburst is fucking stupid. I want my guitar to stay the same color I bought it as. I don't want my grey car turning white, I don't want my black outfit turning orange, I don't want my silverburst turning green.
It's fucking stupid...Gibson should be ashamed of themselves for purposely selling shit that can't last for any decent period of time considering how much it costs..and the idiots that contribute some nonsensical mojo to a guitar with an obvious QC flaw should be slapped.
And I'm sure as FUCK not spending assloads of money for a silverburst that's not silverburst and Gibson tries to tell me it's special because it's a completely different color than what the label says.

All y'all motherfuckers need some milk.

the greened silverburst finish on the custom shop one looked absolutely amazing in person, much cooler than a classic silverburst IMO. its honestly a triumph in gibson finishing, really cool.

adam also thinks that the paint they used which has a tendency to green affects the tone so (true or not) its an iconic aspect of his sig.

thacZERO

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I mean I'd be tempted to stay in a Star Wars themed hotel.....

Reaction score
the greened silverburst finish on the custom shop one looked absolutely amazing in person, much cooler than a classic silverburst IMO. its honestly a triumph in gibson finishing, really cool.

adam also thinks that the paint they used which has a tendency to green affects the tone so (true or not) its an iconic aspect of his sig.
Untitled (3).jpg

Celtic Frosted Flakes

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't know how to link to Instagram but Adam Jones posted about an Epiphone version of his guitar.