Fx loop problem! Need help!

Discussion in 'Beginners/FAQ' started by Gmork, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

Hey so i LOVE my new randall T2 but everytime i switch channels the fx loop shuts off. I just want the fx loop engaged and on all the time. This kinda sucks, Im sad .

2. ZombieLloyd

ZombieLloyd Not one 7 string

Gmork likes this.
  3. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

Hmmm ok, i dont know what that means lol but ill look into it. Im a total noob when it comes to midi stuff.
    Hey do you know of a smaller footswitch for the randalls? I just need to switch from clean to highgain and always want my loop on. Really i just need 1 switch that goes back and forth. Do you know if this is posdible?
    The randall footswitch is humungus and takes up so much pedalboard real estate, never mind needing another midi switch for the loop as you mentioned. Ugh

4. ZombieLloyd

Try looking for an RF4 footswitch, not sure if it'll store settings when it comes to keeping the loop on or off, I'm using the one I got with the V2. And yeah, I'm a total noob with midi myself, so I'm sorry I can't help out more.

5. ZombieLloyd

Basically with the Randall V2 and the footswitch that it comes with, you have to hold down the channel button on the footswitch to "store" that you want the effects loop (and in the V2's case the graphic EQ) on otherwise when you switch channels it turns it off until you turn it on again.

6. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

Ive got the RF4 footswitch for it.

Ok i figured it out, for any other dum dums that need it spelled out for you, say you want to have the fx loop engaged every time you switch to the overdrive ch.
    well you need to first switch on the overdrive ch then switch on the fx loop. Now press and hold the overdrive ch until it flashes. Boom now it's stored. But the amp forgets so you need to do it every time you turn on the amp.

Id still like to find a super compact version of this RF4 footswitch. Anyone know of one?

ZombieLloyd likes this.
  7. ZombieLloyd

Glad it's sorted for you, man. I'll keep an eye out for a smaller footswitch for you.

Gmork likes this.