Fryette Deliverance 60

MIL8

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thoughts on this amp?

I listed my Cavin Legacy 3 for sale/trade on my local Craigslist and someone offered one of these in head form for a even trade. I've never played one of these but looking at the price, even if I don't like it this kind of seems like a no brainer.

I've watched a few demos online and it seems interesting.

Choop

n______n
Reaction score
I would totally trade for that -- it has some absolute gnarly gain, the only downside(?) is that it is a single channel amp technically with a gain boost/shift you can select, but if that doesn't matter to you then go for it! I think it has a gain sound more suited for tight metal tones if that's what you're after. You would probably be able to sell it pretty easily if you don't like it (IMO easier than the Legacy).

MIL8

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So apparently this is an older model without an effects loop. The seller is telling me it can be sent in to the factory and they will add one no charge, I would just have to pay shipping. Anyone heard of this? Having an effects loop is pretty important to me with a high gain amp.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So apparently this is an older model without an effects loop. The seller is telling me it can be sent in to the factory and they will add one no charge, I would just have to pay shipping. Anyone heard of this? Having an effects loop is pretty important to me with a high gain amp.

I haven't heard of this but it should be easy enough to contact Fryette and find out. It wouldn't surprise me from a builder of that reputation.

Even with the hassle of sending it off and waiting, this seems like a good trade. I see a 2021 Deliverance for $1900 on Reverb, a VL3 for $1200. Maybe not the steal it seemed at first glance, but definitely still in your favor even after paying for shipping.

Do you use all those channels though? Might not be a fun time going from 3 to 1 if you use the clean a lot, for example. I'be never played the Deliverance but it's not giving me "clean pedal platform" vibes.

EDIT: Also FWIW it's been my experience that Carvin gear is consistently underrated and as such holds value very poorly compared to, say, Fryette. As another poster indicated, this will likely be an easier unit to sell than the VL3.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Will you actually use the D60? Will you come out at least even if you don't like it?

If you answered yes to either or both questions, do the deal.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I'd trade for a D60 in a heartbeat. Those are consistently valuable amps, and are really high in terms of price now. It's true that this version does not have a loop. The newer version (which just came out recently) does, but it's way more expensive, since it's newer. Almost everyone loves the D60, so I'm sure you will, too. People who play classic rock love it, and people who play metal love it. It's not as dry/thin sounding as the Pittbull line, which gives it universal appeal. And, no joke, if you don't like it I'll buy it! I have a UL and 50CL, and I love them both. I've always wanted a D60.

BadSeed

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The D60 is one of my favorite amps.

Fryette will def NOT add an FX loop for free, it will cost you, so doing it yourself if you have the skill is the way to go

The older models are more desirable IMO, as they're tighter and more aggressive sounding. The newer ones have had the attack soften and some sag added to the power amp.

Here's my video on my D60

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
When I sent in my Ultra Lead for service, Fryette said they typically charge a flat $60 plus the cost of parts. That was 3 years ago, so I'm not sure if that rate still applies or if something like the loop mod would also carry an additional charge :2c:

I would take that trade, even if for no other reason than the value being skewed in your favor. Try the amp for a while and decide if the tone is your thing. If it is, look into the loop mod so it'll work for you long-term. If it isn't, at least you'll have some higher-value trade bait.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
raw

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
The D60 is one of my favorite amps.

Fryette will def NOT add an FX loop for free, it will cost you, so doing it yourself if you have the skill is the way to go

The older models are more desirable IMO, as they're tighter and more aggressive sounding. The newer ones have had the attack soften and some sag added to the power amp.

Here's my video on my D60

You beat me to it. I've tried a VHT Deliverance before and it was sick! I didn't even need a boost in front, it's a great amp!

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Even when the D60 was worth a lot less, that would've been a no-brainer trade.

laxu

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That sounds honestly a bit too good to be true. I would definitely ask for pictures of the amp.

But if it turns out to be legit, definitely do the trade. You will have a much easier time moving a Deliverance than the Carvin.

BurningRome

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This would be one of those times where the statement "You'd be stupid not to do this" actually applies. Even if the amp has some underlying issue, the amp has so much value compared to the Carvin that it would be worth taking it in to an Amp Tech for the work to get done.

I've bought and sold so much Fryette stuff over the past 5 years, they great amps but their value has just sky rocketed. I'd go for it, assuming the amp is intact. Even if you were to not like the amp, you should do this due to the value of the amp.

MIL8

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well today I did the trade, within 30 seconds of playing through this amp I knew I wanted it, WOW does it sounds GOOD.

The guy I traded with had a nice little outdoor building next to his house for playing in, very well put together and way out in the country, it was a great place. I was running behind at work all day so I didn't have time to run home and grab a guitar before I headed over, but I knew he had some to play so I wasn't to worried about it. However before I started playing he said, all of my guitars are in either drop C or drop B except for the Tele which is in standard tuning. I generally always play in standard tuning, and while a tele wasn't my first choice of guitar to try the amp out with, it did have a Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound in the bridge position, and WOW that was an AMAZING sound with this amp, I might just have to get a Tele just to put one of those pickups in. However, what worried me was, if he is the kind of player that always plays in either Drop C or Drop B, he is NOT going to like the Legacy, while it sounds great for lead, it does NOT chug.

So after I played through the Fryette for about 10 minutes, I said "Yea I like it" while trying not to look too blown away, then he tried the Carvin. Sure enough for the type of music he was playing the Carvin did NOT seem like the right amp for this guy, but he kept playing and playing and trying different channels and settings, then he said "I like it, lets do this", I about fell over. After that I was basically trying to get that amp out of that place and down the driveway as fast as I could before he changed his mind. To top it off he threw in an amp cover, which I had one for the Carvin as well so we were even on that, and he also gave me a Bugera attenuator to go with it, not sure how good those are but I'll give it a try.

We ended up talking gear for a bit longer, he said one of the reasons he wanted to try the Carvin out is that he liked the idea of Midi switching, he just bought a controller and is tired of tap dancing so much, which I get, and I think he needed something with a clean channel, he actually spent quite a bit of time playing through the clean channel as well. He is also interested in a Mesa Studio .22+ combo that I'm going to be selling soon, the chassis is on my bench now. I had planned on listing it for sale, just wanted to give it a good service before I did.

To make it even better he texted me about an hour after I left saying he is really liking it, he switch from a Mesa 2x12 Vertical cab to a Marshall 1936 2x12 and said it even sounded better with the Marshall. The Marshall is what I was playing through and it did sound fantastic with the Fryette, that is probably on my watch list now LOL.

So at this point I'm waiting for it to just spontaneously combust or something, it does seem a bit too good to be true value wise, but he seems to be supper happy with the Carvin. I'll admit I really wasn't looking for a full size head, this thing is big and heavy, but it will mostly be staying at home anyway.

I can't imagine what the 120 must be like........

Last edited: