Fourth Floor Graphics Electric Guitar & Bass Skins!!

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by linksys24, Nov 24, 2010.

1. linksys24

linksys24 Guitar skin maker

I would like to introduce you guys to my product. I believe there is a huge void in the electric guitar market. I have countless options for strings, pickups, straps, etc. but what if I want to change the look of my guitar? I basically have to ship it to someone to have it professionally painted, airbrushed or refinished which we all know costs an arm and a leg, takes 6 months and just isn't an option for us weekend warriors that don't have 10 guitars and play every weekend. I have created a product to fill that void. For $75 and an about an hours time you can make your plain jane axe look like a custom shop masterpiece!!

This skins themselves are created from a weather and UV resistant vinyl that is designed to apply air bubble free and mimic a fresh paint job. Our skins can either be clear coated over, making them permanent, or can be removed years down the road leaving no residue behind on the guitars original finish.

My skins will rival any paint job, guaranteed and to get professional results for under $100 that anyone can put on you can't beat it. We were chosen by Ibanez to make over 30 skins for their guitars for the Mayhem Festival which speaks for the quality and professionalism of our product. Please visit our site www.fourthfloorgraphics.com to see our full line of electric guitar and bass skins. Custom work is also available.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dime3334, Kamikaze7, MikeH and 3 others like this.
  2. linksys24

We also specialize in full body wraps for those of you who want more coverage than a skin or have a guitar that the sides and back are a bit beat up. This service requires the guitar to be shipped to us and I will wrap it and send it back within 3-5 business days of recieving it. These are FULL COVERAGE meaning none of the guitars original finish will be visible. Check out this before and after pic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. jymellis

jymellis Talk To DeWalt

do these have an adhesive or do they attach using static? if i decide to take off the "skin" will it peel paint or leave a residue?

4. linksys24

The back is a very special adhesive that is designed to be applied air bubble free and if you decide to take it off it will not damage or leave any residue behind on your original finish. The skins are very durable. I choose not to clear coat over the one on my guitar because I get bored and change the look every so often but the one that's on there now has been for about a year and still look like the day I put it on and I play in a band and gig pretty often. Just this past weekend, actually, I tried doing a guitar spin with my guitar in my yard lol and like a moron I tried it without strap locks and washers and my guitar went flying and landed facedown in my yard. The skin remained unscathed and I'm sure saved my original finish from getting scratched up.

5. jymellis

jymellis Talk To DeWalt

thats awesome! i was talking to a local sticker shop. they could make me a "skin" that would cover a guitar for $30 but it is NOT removeable! checking your site now! funny thing is, i bet every member here can guess what i want lololol.

6. linksys24

lol thanks friend!!

I've put A LOT of work into these things...almost 3 years actually of testing, refining, more refining, customer input, more testing haha and got them to be that anyone can get professional results on their own time and if they get bored with the look 3 years down the road, take it off and put a new one on. A lot of attention went into our designs aswell which are very detailed and stretch over a wide variety to accomodate players of almost any genre of music not to mention our custom shop which can further tailor to your liking. Below is a custom skin we did for a customer who wanted the Janes Addiction Nothing's Shocking album cover on his guitar. I blurred out the boobs for post on this forum.

[​IMG]

7. jymellis

jymellis Talk To DeWalt

that is SOOOO fucking awesome! and a wonderful choice, i lived in l.a. when that cd came out lol. anyways, i saw your custom page is not ready yet. can you do a h.r. giger landscape?

8. linksys24

Thank you!! If you have a high quality/resolution picture you would like made into a skin or have some of your own artwork and all we have to do is arrange it onto your guitar body template we can keep the price at $74.95. If we have to design/redesign the cost will go up depending on the complexity and time involved in the design.

9. jymellis

jymellis Talk To DeWalt

i think i know what im gonna ask my wife for christmas.

10. linksys24

LOL!! Makes a great Christmas gift!!

11. jymellis

jymellis Talk To DeWalt

that should be the banner acroosed the top of your page lol.

heres what im thinking to cover my RG7620. no re-designing needed. i dont care what gets cut out by pups or trem keeping it left to right should be fine. you dont have to redesign it top be vertical like the ibanez giger. i would like it to be horizontal like the body when you are playing.

[​IMG]

12. ralphy1976

ralphy1976 1 less ERGNESS

honestly i knew what you were going to ask for before i scrolled down to see your next move!!!!

EDIT : i have scrolled down and now i am disappointed...wot?? no leopard print thongs? :rofl:

13. jymellis

jymellis Talk To DeWalt

they are crotchless and i didnt want to get banned due to NSFW linking :):lol:

14. linksys24

Very cool!! Something like this??

[​IMG]

15. jymellis

jymellis Talk To DeWalt

:bowdown::hbang::bowdown::hbang::shred::bowdown::hbang::bowdown:

fooking EXACTLY!!!!!!! no headstock skin needed though ;)

16. linksys24

Awesome man!! No problem

17. jymellis

jymellis Talk To DeWalt

lemme talk to the wifey and add it to my birthday/christmas list ;) showing her the mock-up you made will definately help me out lol.

18. linksys24

Sounds great man, thanks!!

19. linksys24

This is the exact problem that my skins solve. The insert below was taken from another forum:

"Too many plain black guitars @ home, so I decided the new one should have a different color. At first I was aiming for some kind of a blue-stained tiger-striped finish, kind like a PRS top. Talked to 2 luthiers about doing it, after a couple of weeks, the one I settled showed me some tests, not anywhere near what I was looking for, then he proceeded to show me show other veneers, and one caught my attention - an already staind one, although it was black, i thought it looked kind of greyish. After 3 months of waiting (!!) the beoootch is back"

The top guitar is his, the bottom guitar is a Schecter with our "Quilted Maple" skin.

[​IMG]

In order for this gentleman to get is guitar looking how he wanted it to he had to go through 2 luthiers which took several weeks and then wait an additional 3 months to get his guitar back and who knows how much he paid!! His guitar looks no better or worse than the Schecter below it and the Shecter took about an hour and I have to option to clear right over it making it the permanent finish of the guitar or not clearing it and removing it a few months or years down the road if I want a different look.

20. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

You'll probably want to be careful using other people's copyrighted artwork on these :2c:

Geiger for example will sue you out of existence for using his works without permission.