Formula One thread

SD83

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sebastian is retiring and I am very sad.
A bit, though I'm not suprised. When he moved to Aston Martin, I had hoped to see him there for a while as a bit of an experienced mentor that both the team and his teammate could profit from, but with the direction things are going, I can't blame anyone for leaving that team... I watched his retirement announcement, and can't help but think that he looks terribly tired.

Zhysick

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The race was a scam.

I'm sad Seb is retiring.

I don't know what to think about Alonso moving to Aston Martin except he is fast for the money.

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
At least Audi are investing into a smaller team to add competition in the sport.

I'm so angry at Porsche for cheaping out to buy into RBPT.

Zhysick

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't know if Ricc is cursed or not, but I know he is a good driver and it is a shame he is not feeling it on the McLaren as he has donde in ither cars. Hopefully with the next car he will be able to squeeze his jui... Ok, I won't finish that.

Alonso has never been lucky after Ferrari. Bad decisions switching teams but still manages to show how capable he is and all teams and drivers respect him (except a big amount of spanish aficionados because they think that only winning is being good, if you are second you are trash 🤣)

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
As we know, Daniel and Max are about the same from their time at Red Bull; Lando is clearly vastly superior to Daniel based on the last two years; George is clearly better than Lando from his F2 dominance; and Lewis has been better than George all year. Therefore last year Max needed a wildly dominant car and FIA intervention to win the championship.

I don't know if Ricc is cursed or not, but I know he is a good driver and it is a shame he is not feeling it on the McLaren as he has donde in ither cars. Hopefully with the next car he will be able to squeeze his jui... Ok, I won't finish that.

Alonso has never been lucky after Ferrari. Bad decisions switching teams but still manages to show how capable he is and all teams and drivers respect him (except a big amount of spanish aficionados because they think that only winning is being good, if you are second you are trash 🤣)
Those Spanish aficionados have a tough time between being angry at Fernando for not winning, and being angry at Lewis for winning more than Fernando.

Metaldestroyerdennis

Heavens Football Bat
Reaction score
Russell needs to shut his yap and drive. Big "my father will hear about this" energy that's really starting to get old considering he hasn't actually accomplished anything yet. At least when Lewis whines he wins races.

Zhysick

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Verstappen got lucky today with the safety car BUT he would have won anyway, he was waaaaaaaay faster than HAM or RUS, we saw it on how VER passed by RUS without any problem. This is the kind of superiority that made me stop watching F1 a few years ago when HAM's mercedes was unstoppable... this year is definitely VER's RB. Even in circuits where the RB is not supposed to be superior he still is the fastest car in the track.

I was expecting more from the change of rules... well, as usual, I get excited for nothing :lol: