Formula One thread

Bodes

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Mount Panorama is too dangerous for F1 cars. When Buttton went around there, they had to raise the ride height quite a bit just to drive over the big dipper.

Similar story with Phillip Island in between turn 9 (Lukey Heights) and turn 10. Plus the pits are terrible and is a real bitch to get there. Not close enough to an emergency hospital by helicopter either.

Both those corners are the main overtakes in most racing. Although like was stated earlier, F1s don't overtake in corners much, they wait for the DRS zones.

Both those tracks are also a few hours drive from closest airports. Can't have precious rich guests have to travel that far.

Then again, who doesn't want to see F1 drivers actually have to drive their cars?

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Mount Panorama is too dangerous for F1 cars. When Buttton went around there, they had to raise the ride height quite a bit just to drive over the big dipper.

Similar story with Phillip Island in between turn 9 (Lukey Heights) and turn 10. Plus the pits are terrible and is a real bitch to get there. Not close enough to an emergency hospital by helicopter either.

Both those corners are the main overtakes in most racing. Although like was stated earlier, F1s don't overtake in corners much, they wait for the DRS zones.

Both those tracks are also a few hours drive from closest airports. Can't have precious rich guests have to travel that far.

Then again, who doesn't want to see F1 drivers actually have to drive their cars?

Yeah I was aware that they'd be some very good reasons why they can't race on Philip Island, and Mount Panorama is waaaaay to crazy for F1 (but so damn fun with GT3 and Super V8 series), but speaking of SV8 series, they race in a number of other tracks that I don't l know but I'm sure that there is one in the lot that could be used.

Anything but street circuit basically, I had at least some hope that Baku would gove a show this year and was left quite disapointed

Bodes

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah I was aware that they'd be some very good reasons why they can't race on Philip Island, and Mount Panorama is waaaaay to crazy for F1 (but so damn fun with GT3 and Super V8 series), but speaking of SV8 series, they race in a number of other tracks that I don't l know but I'm sure that there is one in the lot that could be used.

Anything but street circuit basically, I had at least some hope that Baku would gove a show this year and was left quite disapointed
Too many of the Aussie tracks are not suited to F1. Pits too small, massive upgrades for safety, not long enough, etc.

Only one that is close to F1 standard would be Tailem Bend, which is about 40 min drive from Adelaide. They South Australian government tried to win back the F1s, but as announced this week, Melbourne won the right until 2035.

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
I actually don't have a problem with Albert Park because, at least, it's a fun enough track to drive, it's in a park so has some geographical constraints, they fixed some of the crap corners, it's been around for 25 years, we have to have an Australian track, we've had Australian drivers in every season for at least the last 20 years and at plenty of other times before that too.

And it's a better circuit than Adelaide and I don't care what any of you say.