Finally frets that even this place can't complain about...

cardinal

F# Dive Bomber
Reaction score
Irrespective of the fret material, that is a very nice looking neck. The fret ends are done beautifully and that is a very straight, quartersawn piece of maple. I kinda want it.

Adieu

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Also, it's bullshit
Which $200 Chinese guitars have SS frets exactly?

I have an EART strat that I bought for $200 on Amazon last year. Steel frets. Somebody was saying they're a softer steel than expensive "SS", but they seem to hold up.

They do pre-cut, pre-dress, and pre-bend them BEFORE install for cheapness so they're mounted like 1 mm short of the edge of the board, but it's still pretty good.

20220916_093316.jpg

Pickups are kinda boring but it's a shockingly solid axe... btw I keep forgetting to upgrade the pups, should go do that this weekend

Stiman

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Also, it's bullshit

I have an EART strat that I bought for $200 on Amazon last year. Steel frets. Somebody was saying they're a softer steel than expensive "SS", but they seem to hold up.

They do pre-cut, pre-dress, and pre-bend them BEFORE install for cheapness so they're mounted like 1 mm short of the edge of the board, but it's still pretty good.

View attachment 114398

Pickups are kinda boring but it's a shockingly solid axe... btw I keep forgetting to upgrade the pups, should go do that this weekend

That’s pretty cool! Thanks for sharing

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Gitler has been using titanium alloy fretwire for years. When asked why titanium, they answered to the effect of <<because everything needs to be over the top>> (heavily paraphrased). Maybe we should get someone to make a guitar with iridium frets (iridium is basically a comic-book level material, it's ridiculously hard, but it basically only exists on earth because of meteors, so it's crazy expensive). I'd donate $2 to the cause, if we get 50k other people, maybe we can get it to happen. :lol:

7stringDemon

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
... it's never over the top until we get to the diamond frets...

Not quite Diamond but someone has done quartz. I remember the forums goofing on this guy way back in the day.

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
I'm really shocked Jackson missed an opportunity to sell the new American series Soloist with Titanium frets, that stone tone block that guy was trying to shill and whatever pickup of the day you guys have to have.
Real missed opportunity ;););)

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
Gitler has been using titanium alloy fretwire for years. When asked why titanium, they answered to the effect of <<because everything needs to be over the top>> (heavily paraphrased). Maybe we should get someone to make a guitar with iridium frets (iridium is basically a comic-book level material, it's ridiculously hard, but it basically only exists on earth because of meteors, so it's crazy expensive). I'd donate $2 to the cause, if we get 50k other people, maybe we can get it to happen. :lol:
Gitler also made guitars with nylon frets.

cardinal

F# Dive Bomber
Reaction score
I'm really shocked Jackson missed an opportunity to sell the new American series Soloist with Titanium frets, that stone tone block that guy was trying to shill and whatever pickup of the day you guys have to have.
Real missed opportunity ;););)
Seriously need a plastic/resin guitar with titanium frets and a stone sustain block. The guitar sure to live through the years of each person who owns it for one month and sells it.

Latest posts