EZX Dark Matter...oh yes

WarMachine

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've had this library for a bit now, but man, i'm LOVING the sound of this thing. It fights my style very, very well IMO. Just wrote and recorded this one;

No EQ or anything added to it. The only thing i did was add a clipper to tame the snare transients so it wouldn't clash with the compressor.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Yo bro, take this FWIW; I’m drunk in a rest stop in Pendleton Oregon.

I fuckin loved this; only thing I’d change is bring up the leads at like 2.30

Other than that I was doing other shit and straight stopped and headbanged for most of 6 minutes.

Thanks for posting this!

WarMachine

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yo bro, take this FWIW; I’m drunk in a rest stop in Pendleton Oregon.

I fuckin loved this; only thing I’d change is bring up the leads at like 2.30

Other than that I was doing other shit and straight stopped and headbanged for most of 6 minutes.

Thanks for posting this!
Hahaha, thanks bro! I think the guitars in general could stand to come up just a fuzz as well. Just put it through the "truck" test when my wife and i went on a cig run lol.

WarMachine

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Original link has been updated with changes (thanks @Steinmetzify )
I also brought the guitars up just a bit and added a more aggressive LPF to the leads to help them sit a little better.

Kaura

matching headstock fetishist
Reaction score
View attachment 115482
As a fellow Estonian, I had to :)
Andeksi..

See pole midagi. Wish I could explore your beautiful country outside Tallinn sometime. After all, like a poster said in the ship terminal "Tallinn is only 0,3% of Estonia". :D

Anyway, finally got home to listen to this jam. Sounds fucking sick! This honestly sounds like studio quality stuff, great job. Just wish there were vox. ;)

WarMachine

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
See pole midagi. Wish I could explore your beautiful country outside Tallinn sometime. After all, like a poster said in the ship terminal "Tallinn is only 0,3% of Estonia". :D

Anyway, finally got home to listen to this jam. Sounds fucking sick! This honestly sounds like studio quality stuff, great job. Just wish there were vox. ;)
Thanks brother!
And hopefully before too much longer i'll be getting back into vocals again lol. I need to convert a large closet i have into a vocal booth and sound proof it, or at least deaden it. Since winter is coming up, that makes for a good time to work on indoor renovation so hopefully by then lol.

duffbeer33

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey man I thought this sounded great. Which preset were you using here? I've played around Dark Matter a bit but I don't remember finding a kit that sounded this nice. That bass drum is great. Nice tone btw, love the Zakk Wylde squeals.

WarMachine

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey man I thought this sounded great. Which preset were you using here? I've played around Dark Matter a bit but I don't remember finding a kit that sounded this nice. That bass drum is great. Nice tone btw, love the Zakk Wylde squeals.
Thanks dude! Im using a tweaked "White Light" preset. I adjusted the levels out the way i like them/that work for me, but the big secret was pulling out the room mics. Like, no shit. Just dropping those levels made it sound SOOOOO much better. I won't use it any other way now.