EZdrummer 3

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
With midi tracks, you ideally just drag the groove from your clip list into you midi track.

I have a mixer template that I start every song on with all tracks loaded up with their relative plugins as needed ready to go, just like showing up to band practice and the mixer, amps, drums, etc are already there ready to power up and start playing. If you do the same in your DAW, then all you need to do is drag the midi file from the clip list and see if it works for you. If you don’t like it, cut it and try another.

I rarely use midi tracks anymore, but if I do, I use the above method. Last year I think I used a midi track for a bridge section of a song, and I trimmed it to fit just that one part, otherwise we create our own patterns and fills specifically for the song.

bigcupholder

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Toontrack Seventies Prog MIDI Pack? I haven't tried any MIDI packs yet, just the EZX Expansions. I'm guessing you need to assign your own drum sounds to the MIDI pack grooves?

You don't need to assign drum sounds. The midi channels are already correctly set. It's like selecting any other midi pack in ezdrummer.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
Expansions add more drums, like new samples, such as the Steven Slate Drums expansion pack by Terry Date. I got this pack specifically for the Deftones White Pony snare drum, but it came with dozens of other samples and some midi grooves.

AMOS

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have three expansions, I was wondering if MIDI packs worked the same way

MetalheadMC

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have three expansions, I was wondering if MIDI packs worked the same way
The midi packs are just the midi files per pack, and the expansions are the drum set basically with how they were recorded with their own midi pack included.

jl-austin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't like how it doesn't seem to be possible to get rid of all the automated stuff, I just want a basic drum program, I am not looking for an AI drummer. It seems this has taken a step down from being a serious program to being a program for novices who just want to play along with an AI drummer.

AMOS

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't like how it doesn't seem to be possible to get rid of all the automated stuff, I just want a basic drum program, I am not looking for an AI drummer. It seems this has taken a step down from being a serious program to being a program for novices who just want to play along with an AI drummer.
Have you tried tapping in your own beats then checking out the similar patterns it gives you?

MrWulf

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Stop yelling at cloud, old man.

And lol its called EZDrummer. If you want a serious program then theres Superior Drummer. Its in the name.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score

You know, you don't have to use their midi grooves. You can step edit every single pattern and fill as you develop the song as I do. I rarely use pre-produced grooves. I want my patterns to fit my songs exclusively. You can creat your own kit, then step edit everything in the midi editor (piano roll) of your DAW. It's tedious for sure, but it's exactly what you put in, specific to the song's needs.