ESP Owners Club-Show Us Your ESPs!

jahosy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thank
It's going to be subjective but I would say they're reasonably well built and do a reasonably good job of giving you strat tones, but on the other hand, I prefer both Suhr and Fender as a classic strat. That goes all the way to CS/Navigator level, it just doesn't completely feel like I'm playing a strat and I can't put my finger on why. It might just all come down to the pickups - ESP loves SD pickups in this tier, and for classic strat sounds I've just never been a huge fan of their singles. A typical price maybe $800-1400?
Thanks @narad , i've been on the lookout for a bolt-on for awhile and thought this looks interesting enough and decently priced. Will do more research on it :)

cardinal

F# Dive Bomber
Reaction score
E-II consistency? I played a "new" E-II a week or two ago (2021 serial, but hadn't been out of the box before), and bought it on the spot because I love it.

Are these basically all super consistent so I can buy online with confidence? Or can they be hit or miss?

Tree

-________-
Reaction score
If memory serves, there may have been a year or two that were a little “eh” in some people’s opinions. Maybe it was the runs with the older logo? Either way, every one I’ve tried with the new logo has been insanely good. Definitely some of my favorite production models as of the last few years. Consistency is about on par with Prestige/Fujigen Ibanez in my experience.
E-II consistency? I played a "new" E-II a week or two ago (2021 serial, but hadn't been out of the box before), and bought it on the spot because I love it.

Are these basically all super consistent so I can buy online with confidence? Or can they be hit or miss?

cardinal

F# Dive Bomber
Reaction score
If memory serves, there may have been a year or two that were a little “eh” in some people’s opinions. Maybe it was the runs with the older logo? Either way, every one I’ve tried with the new logo has been insanely good. Definitely some of my favorite production models as of the last few years. Consistency is about on par with Prestige/Fujigen Ibanez in my experience.
Yeah, I personally would be looking for something made within the last year or so. I'd buy new if possible but inventory levels suck right now.

NCASO96

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Anyone able to play an LTD Josh Middleton?

I've wanted one for a while. Interested in getting some input on the quality of the guitar.

Or is there a separate thread for LTD?

Warmart

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Anyone able to play an LTD Josh Middleton?

I've wanted one for a while. Interested in getting some input on the quality of the guitar.

Or is there a separate thread for LTD?
I don't think there's any worry about this model, as long as you're ok with Fishman Moderns - although you could swap them fairly easily, not sure if any of the voices are additional soldered points on this model but I doubt it, probably just two plugs on each pu.

Lan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Does anyone have any good recommendations for places around Tokyo that would carry Original series/ harder to come by ESP in North America? I will be around there early/late Nov. Right now my main guitar is a Horizon II NT, so I'm looking for anything hardtail, (hopefully) with crazy finishes.

cardinal

F# Dive Bomber
Reaction score
Does anyone have any good recommendations for places around Tokyo that would carry Original series/ harder to come by ESP in North America? I will be around there early/late Nov. Right now my main guitar is a Horizon II NT, so I'm looking for anything hardtail, (hopefully) with crazy finishes.
Stock is super low everywhere. I would look on Digimart while you're there and otherwise, it seems like the Big Boss stores have the most reliable stock.

Reactions: Lan

Lan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Stock is super low everywhere. I would look on Digimart while you're there and otherwise, it seems like the Big Boss stores have the most reliable stock.
Ah yeah, totally makes sense. I was naively hoping they would have crazy stock somehow hahah - I will spend a bit of time at Bigboss/ around Ochanomizu while I’m there.

NCASO96

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what model/year ESP Michael Romeo is using in his instructional video?

romeo_esp.png

Viginez

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
esp-m-ii-deluxe-metallic-purple-xl.jpg

ESP M-II Deluxe (Metallic Purple)​