Edit: Mark Morton was teasing. Joins Gibson's stable of thrash artists that used to play Jacksons.

Riffer

Reaction score
He's still playing his sig Jackson on tour as we speak. I would think that we would've seen him playing some Gibsons here and there at this point if he's jumping ship to them soon. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
He's still playing his sig Jackson on tour as we speak. I would think that we would've seen him playing some Gibsons here and there at this point if he's jumping ship to them soon. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong.

Yeah, not quite sure why he'd jump when I've never not seem him playing his Jackson signature. When other dude's have contracts where they can play what they want, you definitely see that, but his seems to be a genuine "we made this product that I love and continue to use it," deal.

If Jackson loses him then that'll be a huge blow to the roster

dmlinger

PepperFox Guitars
Reaction score
Always been a big fan of his writing and playing. He's been with Jackson for over a decade and has the popular signature. Interested to see how this plays out with Gibson and what the deal looks like. Would be a strange troll if that's what the tweet was.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
But… they’re all a signature. :eek:

gotem.gif

gotword-deeznuts-gottem-deez-nuts-gif-4394929

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
But… they’re all a signature. :eek:
I just mean with Adam Jones, Matt Heafy, Jerry Cantrell, now Mark Morton showing an LPC logo, I'm just buuuuurned out of seeing sig LP's.

I fucking LOVE Les pauls, and I just want to see some new damn signatures come out. Give new players some cool shapes and styles. I'm also having multiple conversations in this post, really, but man I'm just bored of LP sigs.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
He does frequently show off playing blues covers with his red (I think) les paul custom. And I read that he recorded and wrote one of the LOG albums on a Les Paul before he got a Jackson Sweetone.

RevDrucifer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
He does frequently show off playing blues covers with his red (I think) les paul custom. And I read that he recorded and wrote one of the LOG albums on a Les Paul before he got a Jackson Sweetone.

Yeah, he’s had an old Goldtop for years. It’s all over the Sacrament DVD.

dmlinger

PepperFox Guitars
Reaction score
I used to hate on LPs like the rest of us. But once I got the itch to own one, it was game over. I'm already looking at R9 and R0 bursts like our boy, @budda

Don't get me wrong, the 25.5" super teles I build and super strats I own are still my favorite. But god damn does a LP bring a different kind of magic and mojo.

On the topic of of everyone seemingly issuing LP sigs at the moment - @CanserDYI you aren't wrong. I do hope they conjure up something new and fresh for this Morton sig other than a set of Dimarzio Dominions and custom finish.

If I were to spec a sig LP, it would come with all of the typical LP appointments with the exception of:
- A volute. Give me a Norlin era Volute!
-Also give me the big Norlin era headstock with the sharper corners.
- Locking tuners
- Jumbo stainless fretwire
- Push/pull for coil splitting the humbuckers
- Slim/medium neck profile
- I'm not too picky on the aesthetics, but would probably base it around a black Standard with a nice Murphy Lab aged look. Black with a forearm rub and lacquer checking.

I think I just described an ESP Eclipse :lol:

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Well, I did buy an LP Tribute 10 years ago as a trial run and I can't deal with the right forearm constantly being on the guitar's edge. Too bad because I like the neck and it sounds good, but that body style has been a no-no for me since, I find it pretty uncomfortable. About the Dominion, it's not even for sale anymore at Thomann, there's one model on order only and it's 1400€ MII with nothing special warranting it. Usually you get novelty hardware at those prices, not a TOM. (Locking tuners + evertune, say)

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Fun fact: of the 4 reissues I have had, the only one I actually sought out was the lpc. The rest have been happenstance.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Mark Morton's guitars are pretty much specced like Gibsons, so the transition to a MM sig to a LP wouldn't be impossible.

Speaking of Les Paul

Why does the horn look so weird on the bottom pic is it just the angle?