- Dec 7, 2005
- Reaction score
- St. Johnsbury, VT USA
No Uncle Roger? Haiyaa...Learn to cook. Don't try to life-hack your way through it.
Instead of my rattling off the entirety of my knowledge about cooking (I cook every single night and have done so for the last 10 years), check out the following YouTube channels:
- addictive. Chef Jon is a charming fella who will teach you a lot and his delivery is so entertaining and good humoured.
- basically a redditor. Insufferable know-it-all but I still watch his videos.
Babish Culinary Universe (formerly Binging With Babish)
- Babish is a cool guy who started off making things from TV shows (and he still does) but has started building a sort of food media empire.
J. Kenji López-Alt
- similar to Adam Ragusea.
Matty Matheson (if he can grow on me, then he can probably grow on anyone)
- hilarious. At first I found him annoying when I'd flick past Vice on TV but I binged his videos on YouTube and they're extremely entertaining and informative.
- extremely informative.
- deconstructs the mysteries of takeout (we call them takeaways in New Zealand ).
Burrfection (it's about knife sharpening)
- knife maintenance is important
- fascinating videos about what people cooked in the United States and Canada 100-200 years ago.
Made With Lau
- wholesome content about Cantonese cuisine and takeout.
- food media outlet experience some controversy but is worth checking out as I assume they're under different management.
Brad Leone (formerly Bon Appetit)
- I wish this guy was my best friend. His videos with Bon Appetit are hilarious and informative. Incredible guy.
SAM THE COOKING GUY
- kind of irritates me but the stuff he cooks is great and I'm sure you could learn something from his vids.
- don't remember much lol just check it out if you can.
This is just me looking at my YouTube subscriptions lol.
Final note: just jump into it and if you think something is difficult, then there's a good chance it's for one or many of the following reasons: a) you don't know something you should, b) you don't own something you should, or c) what you own is crap (i.e. dulled knife, baked-on crap pan, etc.)